Favorite backcountry cocktail

Our hot drink of choice is tang with 92 Krakken or the higher octane captain Morgan. We usually have a high end bourbon for sipping depending on where we are space/weight wise.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Somebody ought to ask what container to use to carry 4 to 16 oz of liquor in a pack....that WONT leak. Small nalgene is ok, soda bottle is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody ought to ask what container to use to carry 4 to 16 oz of liquor in a pack....that WONT leak. Small nalgene is ok, soda bottle is not.

I’ve always just used a platypus, or something like it. Never had a problem yet. Of course I probably just jinxed myself.
259d9aea542d0f9de3ac7e823c307b1a.jpg

kumplocke

FNG
I only drink beer during hunting season, always seem to dehydrate if liquor is involved. A couple "stones" before bed does the trick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I normally just vacuum seal whatever small container I’m using in a bag after filling it to prevent leaks on the way in. Once at camp it’s gone quickly anyway.

+1 for those platypus soft packs for hauling a bit of booze. I also have a Nalgene flask but prefer the soft sided packs.

I am a bourbon guy and make a bit of a Rickey in camp when needed. Makers or turkey 101 (if I am trying to save weight), a bit of creek water, a true lime pack and a packet of sugar if you like it sweet. Add a small handful of snow. Stir/swirl in front of campfire and sip until gone. Rinse. repeat.

as.ks.ak

WKR
A little 12 year old Scotch, neat out of a tin (or titanium in this case), cup after a long hard day of hiking, is pretty hard to beat as well.
daa5282b433608980724c4ff3674962e.jpg

Yup, Gregg I just decided we’ll definitely have to make a hunt on Kodiak happen one of these years. Especially, if you pack booze like that!!

OP
BigCountry344
Y’all seem to have it dialed on some of these drinks, I prefer vodka or anything but I’ll be giving some of these a try this season.

blsch72

Lil-Rokslider

I use a wide mouth Gatorade bottle. Never had an issue. They are typically a little sturdier than regular soda or water bottles. It works better for clear liquor because the residual flavor doesn't mess it up. But if you drink one a few weeks before going and let it air out the residual flavor is generally gone.
Gentleman's Jack or Glenlivet (any descent scotch) are my go to.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

WKR
Boys got me using Fireball whiskey with powdered hot cider. Heat the cider up and pour in some Fireball. Actually tastes pretty good.

Ears

FNG
I have one of those cheap white plastic flasks you can buy about anywhere. I didn't figure it would last past trip 1 but I've had it for about 4 years now and it typically stays with me in my pack on all my day hikes. I use it for MTN Ops Ignite mix usually, but it DOES have a shot glass on it, so......

I actually take it with me almost every stalk I go on. Once I dump my pack and boots, it goes in my leg pocket. I hate those stalks where you're waiting for hours for something to stand up and you're about to suck on a rock you're so thirsty.

I'm planning to pack in a bottle of Basil Hayden's this fall. Hopefully we can have a backcountry snifter over some moose antlers...