Favorite backcountry cocktail

I like to do hot chocolate with marshmallow vodka. That always boosts spirits when its non stop rain/cold/wind. Either that or I do Pendleton whiskey solo if it's cold enough or with a splash of stream water. That stuff has to kill Giardia right?

x2 on the platapus bag

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Just get some highwest whiskey and fill a few flasks, maybe a few Rainiers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like to do hot chocolate with marshmallow vodka. That always boosts spirits when its non stop rain/cold/wind. Either that or I do Pendleton whiskey solo if it's cold enough or with a splash of stream water. That stuff has to kill Giardia right?

x2 on the platapus bag

You ever end up in a pinch, run out of hot chocolate and end up getting assholed off chugging marshmallow vodka???

Titanium flask loaded with something hard to find....always bourbon. EH Taylor Single, WL Weller Antique, Jefferson's Reserve Cask, Blanton's, Woodford's Brandy Cask, etc. When it's time to turn up the heat, some Stagg Jr is the ticket at 132 proof.

OXN939

WKR
Gotta celebrate with a bottle of something nice. Talisker 18 for Alaska next month. Can't pop the seal til tags are filled or the night before the flight back to civilization, the two of which coincide in a perfect world

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Do yourself a favor and get some high west American prairie whiskey, only like $30 a bottle and great stuff. Or if your going fancy, pendleton directors reserve, aged 20 years. best whiskey I’ve ever had. Comes in a nice hand tooled leather sleeve from a world renounced leather tooler from pendleton Oregon. Changes every year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osturgill

FNG
It hadn’t crossed my mind to do this but since I’m from KY I’ll have to bring some of my favorite KY bourbon for nice celebration or evening night cap we drink it Neat makes it easy for cocktail!

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
For weight savings on backpack trips I take pocket shots bourbon. I then mix it with the Nuun Kona Cola flavored tablets once dissolved. Its basically a crappy bourbon/coke, but if you're hunting hard its a good pre-bedtime drink. And the pocket shots are nicely measured out, no mess, very little to pack out.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Titanium flask loaded with something hard to find....always bourbon. EH Taylor Single, WL Weller Antique, Jefferson's Reserve Cask, Blanton's, Woodford's Brandy Cask, etc. When it's time to turn up the heat, some Stagg Jr is the ticket at 132 proof.

Bourbon here too. If the wife is with me, it's something a bit tamer like Eagle Rare or Angel's Envy. By myself...I'm typically going with 120 proof or better. Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve is one of my favorites for backpacking.

Truck camped this year, so space/weight was not an issue. Knob Creek in a tumbler full of ice.
Backpacking, I just throw it in a cheap white plastic flask. Hasn't failed me yet.

I’m usually a flask of Bowmore 12 kind of guy but I might have to try out this tequila and lemonade pack idea for a Sept. hunt

Clarence

WKR
Apple pie shine in a smart water bottle. A taste a night warms your belly!