Favorite backcountry cocktail

I was recently in Asheville, NC doing a project for a business friend. I stayed at his home and second evening he presented with a new bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon. I've never been a big fan of the standard Woodford product, but this Double Oaked was something else to me. Very palatable and easy on the throat....goes down without effort. It was no problem for 2 of us to go through half of that fifth in a couple hours. Probably helped that it is a 90 proof bourbon, but that second aging makes a LOT of difference.

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
locally made single track spirits wheat whiskey straight up, never had anything close to as good

Clarence

WKR
I was recently in Asheville, NC doing a project for a business friend. I stayed at his home and second evening he presented with a new bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon. I've never been a big fan of the standard Woodford product, but this Double Oaked was something else to me. Very palatable and easy on the throat....goes down without effort. It was no problem for 2 of us to go through half of that fifth in a couple hours. Probably helped that it is a 90 proof bourbon, but that second aging makes a LOT of difference.
My wife got me a bottle of this for Christmas. Definitely a nice one to share with good friends. Impressed as well.

Has anybody had the chance to try this yet? My mom visited from Butte Montana last month and brought this with her. Apparently the local distillery just released it, and man is it some smooth, tasty whiskey. I imagine it’s only available locally in the Butte area. If you enjoy good sipping whiskey, and you’re in that part of the country, I highly recommend picking up a bottle.
971752456222ba71e570a315ed3e831c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azone

WKR
Vodka, usually Tito's or Stolichnaya and a Gatorade or Crystal light packet for a quick, sweet, liquid desert.
If I'm packing whiskey its straight out of the bottle, but the mentioning of a hot cider packet dropped in some sounds interesting.

Lots of good suggestions on this thread, I will have to start doing some research and development out on my deck when the bbq pit is going.

My go too, even the wife drinks it on the rocks. Can be a bad thing at $65 a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunsmith89

Lil-Rokslider
Fireball is usually a go to. In camp this year a vote was made for Naturdays. Surprisingly they were a hit and drink well when not chilled too.

Batched cocktails are great, like Manhattans or Negroni’s. Way more interesting than just sipping bourbo. All booze, won’t spoil and you can pre dilute and keep in your flask. No ice needed. BTW the GSI 19oz flask works great. Light cheap and easily replaceable.

If I am packkng in I believe I am getting the bang for my buck as far as weight goes... A water bottle of shine' will last days, and mix with Gatorade.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
While scouting near the trucks, usually Jim and Cokes under the stars. While hunting, I might take a small flask of Buffalo Trace for a kill bottle. I don't drink much while hunting

LaGriz

WKR
W.C. Fields : "Where ever I go, I carry a small bottle of snakebite medicine. And also a small a snake."

My high School Quote: "I'd much rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full-frontal lobotomy"

!2 year old George Dickel is a good choice for any backcountry event. IMHO

LaGriz

jmike

FNG
Crown served up, sometimes a lime twist. When we go in scouting in the summer everyone going in takes a 12 pack of beer. After we find our camping spot we bury the beer . It has always been there when we arrive . just plop it in the lake or stream. Taste great after a long hike or pack back to camp. nobody gets goofy just helps you relax.