Favorite backcountry cocktail

Firehawk

WKR
As a non drinker, I had to find a "celebratory" drink for my hunts. A Bolthouse Mango juice mixed with Mtn Dew, become my drink of choice. :p

HDwild

WKR
Im a bourbon guy, do not drink much in the back country but do have a splash before bed. One side note, we do have a tradition in my group which is we each take a can of PBR in. And if the hunting sucks or we need a change of luck we drink them with dinner. (i have so many rough hunts PBR has grown on me as my go to back home)

That's an awesome tradition. I may have to follow suit. I think I'll do good ol' Rainier Beer tho!

HDwild

WKR
A little 12 year old Scotch, neat out of a tin (or titanium in this case), cup after a long hard day of hiking, is pretty hard to beat as well.
daa5282b433608980724c4ff3674962e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should drink with your pinky out because that's just fancy!

HDwild

WKR
Vodka, usually Tito's or Stolichnaya and a Gatorade or Crystal light packet for a quick, sweet, liquid desert.
If I'm packing whiskey its straight out of the bottle, but the mentioning of a hot cider packet dropped in some sounds interesting.

Lots of good suggestions on this thread, I will have to start doing some research and development out on my deck when the bbq pit is going.
I like to mix Tito's with fruit punch crystal light and call it Putin's punch! Good stuff

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
A good bourbon or rye. Neat. It’s made for a few challenging mornings, but it’s delicious. A gnarly hike with a hangover is good for you. Builds character.

Matter fact, next time I need to vet a new hunting partner, I’ll get them liquored up and see if they quit on me in the morning.

CO-AJ

WKR
Any of the Buffalo Trace Bourbon's or Michter's. I am not brave enough to pack in a Blanton's or Pappy, but I think either of those paired with a nice Connecticut wrapper CLE or Rocky Patel and life is just about perfect.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
Any of the Buffalo Trace Bourbon's or Michter's. I am not brave enough to pack in a Blanton's or Pappy, but I think either of those paired with a nice Connecticut wrapper CLE or Rocky Patel and life is just about perfect.

Elmer T Lee is held in high regards in my abode!