Group: “Hi Ed...”A few recent upgrades, mostly gearing towards winter goat hunting.
sleeping bag, both the WM antelope and a 0 degree slick bag, still debating which one I’ll keep.
Mountaineering boots, la Sportiva’s but have the scarpas on order to try out.
Hilleberg Nallo2, I hear their the best?
And a full custom light weight 6.5 PRC in the builds, defiance, benchmark, AGC, kinda thing.
My names Ed, and I have a gear addiction.
0. CULO CLEAN BIDET. Holy moly this changed it all for me. So much better than tp.
1. DIY dehydrated meals. Truly made life in the woods better. Hell there were days I got 3 square hot meals and that doesn’t even happen at home.
2. DCF Cimarron - the weight, the room for activities, putting my pants on (mostly) standing up.
3. Sony RX100 -blows the phone camera away and is small enough I’ll take it and use it
4. Nightforce scopes - confidence and peace of mind is priceless
5. Schnees Timberlines
6. SG Chilkoot
7. MSR ceramic solo pot - goes perfect with those DIY meals. Make a reflectix cozie. The nonstick is money
I’ve done it both ways. Dry with tp or just pull up and let it all dry out natural. I wear synthetic underwear (ex officio) that handles the moisture fine. It’s not as much water as you’d think and I too have an ample undercoat. I use a Smart Water bottle or a Platypus bladder to expel the water. The trick is when you pull your pants down only go to the knees. Makes the geometry work so you don’t get stuff wet. It really has made a ton of difference@fightthenoise I use a bidet at home and love it. Could never go back to just tp. I had no idea that culo clean (lmao at the name) was a thing. I'm definitely interested. I do however, pat my a**hole dry here at home using tp. Do you just allow your a** to be soggy afield, or do you air dry it? My a**hole is hairy as a grizzly and resembles a whisker biscuit. You experience any icicling? Thanks for any field feedback. Seems like the culo clean would save some weight and be cleaner overall considering pack in/out.