Favorite Backcountry Gear for 2020?

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
I have purchased a ton of new equipment in this last year. The ONE thing that has really impressed me is my Petzl Swift RL headlamp. This little headlamp has 900 lumens if needed, a great battery life, fits comfortable and is a rechargeable battery with a battery indicator and a lock so that does not accidentally turn on. ALSO when looking at close objects, the light dims so that there is not a lot of flash back.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Does the Petzl headlamp had a red light? If so, is it a flood or spot type?

I’ve been looking for a red spot light and have yet to find one. All my black Diamond are flood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bry.rn

FNG
In so far as new gear for me in 2020, my top favorites, in no particular order are:

Garmin inreach mini (I think this is going to make my sat phone obsolete).

El Coyote quilt (900+ down fill, 30% over stuffed, baffle constructed, and easily the softest nylon material of any of my quilts).

Kimber Adirondack .308 (at 5.5 lbs. all up, it is currently my lightest rifle and shoots lights out).

Seek Outside DCF Silex shelter (18 oz. with everything, tons of room for one, but will easily sleep two, and although I haven't had it in any super stormy weather, it performed fine on an unprotected, above treeline, mountain side with winds gusting to a little over 30mph).
Why the mini and not the in reach? I’m considering buying one. Can the mini use most of your smartphone features? Thanks

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Communication is my main use.
Navigation is close second.... both can be Bluetooth connected/used on smart phone. Love the inreach mini!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the mini and not the in reach? I’m considering buying one. Can the mini use most of your smartphone features? Thanks
I pretty much only use it as a communication device and although it does have tracking on it's mapping app (Earthmate), I'm not too fond of the detail on Earthmate so I rarely, if ever, use it for that.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
1. Katabatic Gear Flex 15

2. Seek Outside Eolus

Just picked up an El Coyote 40 degree quilt for the warmer months. Excited to give that a spin.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BigPun

FNG
Bookmarking this. As a newish hunter, this is an awesome reference. Thank you everyone for your input!

These:
simple, and effective. i can see myself using these, for sure.

Looking for a quality sleeping bag for cold weather. I camped last month and it got down to 27 degrees, I froze. What’s the top 3 sleeping bags?

also, I need a quality two person tent.

Thanks

You’ll get better information if you start your own thread instead of derailing this one.

Rational

FNG
I recently picked up a MSR Reactor with both a 1.0L & 1.7L pots.

Looking forward to testing in windy conditions but so far it's pretty legit and boils water extremely fast.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Valandre Bloody Mary,
Neoair xtherm max,
Quality down jacket,
Leupold bx4 Bino’s in 10x42,
Just need a good pillow and I’m solid