Sirui VA-5 fluid head
First lite down mitts
Goal zero crush lantern

Tick

WKR
Crispi guide boots
Kuiu guide pants
Marmot hype down jacket
Added these for a late season hunt and they were great.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
we had a lot of cold (and snow) early in Montana and stuck around the entire season, so things that kept me warm were especially appreciated

Schnee's Hunter pacs- these are pushing 30 years old :D
Enlightened Equipment Stronghold Apex mittens - these were great, my second season on these
Sitka Timberline pants- these were new this year, but I'm super impressed with these- definitely will be my go to late season pants

Drenalin

WKR
I picked up a lot of gear at the end of last year. My favorites so far, in no particular order:

1. Crispi Summit GTX
2. Exo K3 4800
3. Thermarest Z-Seat
4. SO Silex
5. BRS stove + Toaks pot
6. RYO harness

brsnow

WKR
Argali Serac, no longer need to carry any other knifes. It covers all needs for backcountry.

Hoffman Guide pack boots- 4th season was much nicer.

Barrett Fieldcraft, light weight and makes me look like I can shoot. Really accurate

Skre clothes, glad I tried them out.

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
This is coming from a newbie first time elk hunter, but here's the gear I really enjoyed:

-Crispi Idaho boots were amazing. My son wore Salewa Crow GTX and loved them.
-Klymit static v insulated pad.
-Peak refuel meals. Strawberry granola is heaven.
-Initial Ascent backpack

Decker9

WKR
A few recent upgrades, mostly gearing towards winter goat hunting.

sleeping bag, both the WM antelope and a 0 degree slick bag, still debating which one I’ll keep.
Mountaineering boots, la Sportiva’s but have the scarpas on order to try out.
Hilleberg Nallo2, I hear their the best?
And a full custom light weight 6.5 PRC in the builds, defiance, benchmark, AGC, kinda thing.

My names Ed, and I have a gear addiction.

HoneyDew

WKR
A few recent upgrades, mostly gearing towards winter goat hunting.

sleeping bag, both the WM antelope and a 0 degree slick bag, still debating which one I’ll keep.
Mountaineering boots, la Sportiva’s but have the scarpas on order to try out.
Hilleberg Nallo2, I hear their the best?
And a full custom light weight 6.5 PRC in the builds, defiance, benchmark, AGC, kinda thing.

My names Ed, and I have a gear addiction.
Group: “Hi Ed...”

- Crispi Thors - bought my second pair. Favorite boots for hiking and hunting until it gets too cold.
- Sitka traverse hoody - quiet and comfortable. Love the subalpine for hunting and Got the black for around town.
- MR pop up 38. Used this pack all deer season. Big enough for cold layers and hauls a quartered whitetail in relative comfort
- iron will arrow collars. After years of breaking arrows, I bought these and can finally reuse my arrows after a shot. Now I just need to upgrade my broadhead game.

bsnedeker

WKR
1. Sirui tripod, head, Maven 12x50s, helinox chair zero, . First year really using glass to find game and this setup was awesome for me from spring bear to chasing muleys in November.
2. Sig BDX scope and rangefinder combo on new Tikka T3x in 300WM. Also my first year shooting beyond 200 yards. This setup works great for me... feels kind of like cheating.
3. Dan Durston x-mid 1p tent. Simple, plenty of vestibule space for all my gear, crazy light.... cheap!
4. SG puffy pants.
5. I'll also hop on the Peak Refuel bandwagon. Great food that uses very little water.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Even though it’s a bit heavy and a bit bulky, I’ve been using the FL Sawtooth hoody almost nonstop since it’s gotten cold.

Nemo Pillow

Sitka fleece neck gaiter

Rick M.

WKR
0. CULO CLEAN BIDET. Holy moly this changed it all for me. So much better than tp.

1. DIY dehydrated meals. Truly made life in the woods better. Hell there were days I got 3 square hot meals and that doesn’t even happen at home.

2. DCF Cimarron - the weight, the room for activities, putting my pants on (mostly) standing up.

3. Sony RX100 -blows the phone camera away and is small enough I’ll take it and use it

4. Nightforce scopes - confidence and peace of mind is priceless

5. Schnees Timberlines

6. SG Chilkoot

7. MSR ceramic solo pot - goes perfect with those DIY meals. Make a reflectix cozie. The nonstick is money

@fightthenoise I use a bidet at home and love it. Could never go back to just tp. I had no idea that culo clean (lmao at the name) was a thing. I'm definitely interested. I do however, pat my a**hole dry here at home using tp. Do you just allow your a** to be soggy afield, or do you air dry it? My a**hole is hairy as a grizzly and resembles a whisker biscuit. You experience any icicling? Thanks for any field feedback. Seems like the culo clean would save some weight and be cleaner overall considering pack in/out.

@fightthenoise I use a bidet at home and love it. Could never go back to just tp. I had no idea that culo clean (lmao at the name) was a thing. I'm definitely interested. I do however, pat my a**hole dry here at home using tp. Do you just allow your a** to be soggy afield, or do you air dry it? My a**hole is hairy as a grizzly and resembles a whisker biscuit. You experience any icicling? Thanks for any field feedback. Seems like the culo clean would save some weight and be cleaner overall considering pack in/out.
I’ve done it both ways. Dry with tp or just pull up and let it all dry out natural. I wear synthetic underwear (ex officio) that handles the moisture fine. It’s not as much water as you’d think and I too have an ample undercoat. I use a Smart Water bottle or a Platypus bladder to expel the water. The trick is when you pull your pants down only go to the knees. Makes the geometry work so you don’t get stuff wet. It really has made a ton of difference