Favorite Backcountry Gear for 2020?

stump06

WKR
Black Ovis 150 merino hoodie - jam up shirt, love that weight and the hood is great when its a little chilly.

Kifaru bane w/ Sherman - awesome little pack for saddle hunting, carries my spurs, platform and rappel rope with just enough room for an extra layer when it get cold.

Kuiu boned out game bags - I love these bags for our critters around here. Rarely need more than the medium and/or small and they help keep the meat from balling up and getting sloppy on the pack out.

Wrangler outdoor cargo pants - $22 at Wally world and I don't start crying when I have to go through briars.

Kifaru pullouts - love these things for organizing gear

Honorable mentions:
Havalon
Seek outside LBO
Crispi boots
Kuiu Peloton 240
Swazi hood
Darn tough socks
Kifaru woobie

KBC

WKR
These:

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
Swaro 10x42 SLC
Kifaru Duplex Lite Frame
Goose Feet Gear down booties and pillow
Kifaru Gun Bearer
Arcteryx Leaf Atom LT Jacket
FHF Gear Muff
Harris HB25C bipod
Patagonia Daily Capilene Sun Hoody
Marsupial Gear Bino Harness
Kuiu Zip Dry Bags
Aquatabs
Kestrel Mountain Scalpel

Brett01b

FNG
Swaro 10x42 binos
Sitka tool bucket
Scentcrusher closet
Crispi mountain boots
Lasik eye surgery

furbis

FNG
I love the Wrangler outdoor pants.
Black Ovis 150 merino hoodie - jam up shirt, love that weight and the hood is great when its a little chilly.

Kifaru bane w/ Sherman - awesome little pack for saddle hunting, carries my spurs, platform and rappel rope with just enough room for an extra layer when it get cold.

Kuiu boned out game bags - I love these bags for our critters around here. Rarely need more than the medium and/or small and they help keep the meat from balling up and getting sloppy on the pack out.

Wrangler outdoor cargo pants - $22 at Wally world and I don't start crying when I have to go through briars.

Kifaru pullouts - love these things for organizing gear

Honorable mentions:
Havalon
Seek outside LBO
Crispi boots
Kuiu Peloton 240
Swazi hood
Darn tough socks
Kifaru woobie

The Argali High Coutry Pack is awesome. Super light, super strong. Perfect for a boned-out bull. They clean up good and appear to be very durable. Reflective logo is nice. They don't take up much space in my pack lid.

Just don't let your buddy give away 2 bags of meat IN THE BAGS because he didn't bring enough coolers to accommodate two bulls!?! 😡

Attachments

• 20201107_190554.jpg
    20201107_190554.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 101
Alright, I'll Play.

1. Peak Refuel Meals - Seriously made my Alaska trip a treat

2. BlackOvis 150 Merino Hoodie - Hardly ever caught without it

3. Kuiu SuperDown Ultra Hoodie - warm, comfy, even wore it to bed a few times

4. Kuiu Zip Off Base Layers - How freaking convenient are these?!?

TravisIN

WKR
I got my lasik done, 20/15 vision now. Best thing I’ve ever done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO-AJ

WKR
Seek Outside Cimarron DCF, Z-Packs Alta-Plex, WM Versalite, EXO Mountain Gear K6300, Lowa Zephyr GTX Boots, Esee 4" Fixed Blade, Garmin GPS 66i. There are a few other items purchased but those are the biggies headed into this year. One other item is the solar Luci Lantern which is a super light collapsible lantern for your tent. Buy once, cry once, but it is great to have top quality gear.

Savage99

WKR
1. Kuiu zip off merino bottoms.

2. 12-25” Harris bipod for speed goats

3. Cheap rangefinder (actually having one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO-AJ

WKR
Just first things that come to mind that stood out to me this year are:

Katabatic quilt 30 degree-finally pulled the trigger on a quilt this year and am so happy I did and don’t plan on looking back. I’m an active sleeper and I still found a quilt to be a better sleep set up and this quilt is definitely rated very well and I am very pleased with the construction.

BRS stove-I know a lot of guys are worried it’s junk because it weighs only an ounce and is $20 off amazon but I’ve run mine for two seasons now and it still goes like a champ. No problems with mine to boil water, make top ramen or any pasta, and heat up some coffee. Just lightens up my cool system that much more.

Inov8 GTX 345-if you haven’t quit the the heavy leather boot and switch to a trail show you don’t know what your missing. I’ve put loads of miles on them and I’m very pleased with how they have held up and my feet feel so much better at the end of the day when I get to camp. I know they may not work for everyone’s environment but I’ve tried them in many terrains and weather conditions and have no complaints.

All in all I am very pleased with all my gear and set ups it took lots of time and product testing to see what worked and didn’t and I am always looking at the next new thing but to me these three items I can’t come up with one complaint or minor adjustment.
Hands down if I were in the market for a quilt it would be Katabatic.