Favorite/best headlamp?

bigbuckdj

WKR
That was a super thorough review, thanks for all that. I’m really like the sp40 in 4000k and it also comes with a shortened tube for 18350. I feel like that may be a good compromise to the brightness/burn time/weight of the 18650 light. I need to get the hs10 and an 18350 and check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drm9320

FNG
+1 on the Nitecore NU25. I'm already bringing a battery pack to keep phone/gps charged so not worrying about AAA batteries is nice. It's so light it can still be a great back up if you end up needing something with more lumens or longer battery life.

Gutshotem

WKR
Really liking the nitecore nu25 as well. Dropped mine in at the base of a tree in another state this past fall. Went back for a gun hunt about 2 months later and found it. Fired right up so now I have 2.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought two HO5B’s for $34.
In a separate order I got two D25S headlamps.

URE_G

FNG
I have two zebralights 18650 floody 4k color versions. Use one for working a grave yard shift on airplanes and one for hunting. I usually trash headlamps pretty regularly at work. I've had this one a couple years now. Besides smelling like jet fuel, hyd fluid and grease it works just as good as the day I got it. The 4k color is easier on my eyes and it doesn't wash out colors nearly as much. Makes it easier to find blood at night as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Zebralights are dependable and functional

Fenix. Best of them all. HL60R & HLM65R. Paired with a good 3500mhr battery and you get great run times and real usable lights. Can drop them, waterproof, metal construction. Wolf Eyes make great lights too. Petzl was great years ago, BDs don't punch out enough light IMO and they are expensive for light output. They could all use more durable headbands.

jeffpg

WKR
I'm a bit of a gear freak and especially a light nut. I have a Zebralight that I love but it loves batteries. I am a Fenix guy all the way and have had great luck with their products and was about to put in a sizeable order. Then I stumbled across this thread again today and decided to dig a little deeper into it....

20 minutes later I had $300 worth of Sofirn goodies in my cart! The excellent review post by twall13 and some marked down prices on their website helped put me over the edge. I'll be trying some of this gear soon on camping and hog & predator hunting trips.

Thanks to Zappaman for the insight, and to everyone else who shared various input. It's great to know that there are so many great products out there!

Jeff

I just had a look at their website. Some interesting things there, and reasonably priced. At least double the price shipped to OZ. It's a disgrace how much more we have to pay for stuff here. Try buying a Dodge or Ford 350 or similar here, $160.000 a pop to get the ball rolling.

Superdoo

WKR
I just had a look at their website. Some interesting things there, and reasonably priced. At least double the price shipped to OZ. It's a disgrace how much more we have to pay for stuff here.
Could always two step it through a member…

Len901

FNG
Black diamond Storm 400 I’ve had it a couple months and I like it it can be super bright or dim it down and it has three different colors red,blue, and green

Aeromoto

FNG
I've been using a Sofirn SP40 for almost a month now. I use it running in the morning before the sun comes up, 3X a week. Much better throw than the Zebralight single AA one I was using. Easier to spot coyotes and rabbits, most of the time before the dog does. Average temp has been 25-30 degrees, haven't had any issues with the batteries. Good buy all around.