Favorite Bino Harness/Holster to wear while backpack hunting?

CashVeo

FNG
The kuiu pro is super comfortable. I have a pouch on bottom, two pouches to the side and holds my holster well. Never gets in my way even with a bow. Last year I used their hydration pack and when I would go on a stalk my bladder was in my big pack already in the small hydration pack. I kept a few items in that pack like a protein bar, knife and headlamp.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I rigged up a holster on my bino harness to see how it felt. It sucked with a loaded Glock 20. I ended up using a Safariland ALS paddle holster. Slips onto the belt of my Exo pack, and is easily removed and put on my pants belt. Worked without a hitch last season.
I ended up doing the same thing. I run a AGC binoculars harness and I have a Safariland 6378 holster with a paddle. It slips over the side straps and the paddle curves to my stomach. I slide it towards the binoculars. It works great.

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
I have run the Original Marsupial with the Razco Holster for 2 seasons now. I run a set of 10x42 Geovids(Rangefinding Binos) and a 44mag. The only complain I had about this set up was that the shape of my Geovids caused it to be a struggle getting them in and out with one hand. I needed a smooth transition with little movement as they double as rangefinders in close on animals during bow season. I imagine if I had regular binos this a Marsupial/Razco set up it would be perfect, exept it's not enclosed or waterproof.

When the new Enclosed Marsupials came out I started look at them, and other options. I ended up ordering the KUIU Pro due to the fact that there are a couple of internal wires that allow you to mold the harness to fit the shape of your bino, thus making extraction smoother, and they are enclosed AND WATERPROOF. I tried the KUIU Pro on for the first time today and WOW. After molding the wires my binos slide in and out easy as pie! BUT WAIT.............

NOW for the kicker, and why I'm here reading this forum thread. The Razco will not work with the KUIU Pro. Because the lower straps coming off the KUIU Pro are almost midway up the side of the harness body, the Razco can't reach them without stuffing it under the pack and pushing the entire rig way out in front. UHHHH So I don't know where I'm going from here. Maybe rigging some longer straps or some other dumb modification. I don't know!

If I had some normal (non-rangefinding) binos the Enclosed Marsupial would definitely be my #1 choice. I'm not sure what I'm doing now! Maybe returning the KUIU Pro. And for all you guys running flip up chest harnesses, you have me completely puzzled. Why in the world would you want the cover to flip up and into your neck, thus in-the-way and on top of your harness?217663981_527251715187604_7142389307739753925_n.jpg

Last edited:

tracker7

FNG
I picked up a badlands bino x. It holds my 10x40 nikons and has space for my range finder.

its really comfortable. It has a magnetic closure on it which I really like since it’s quiet.

jrdnschl

FNG
I have the original Marsupial bino harness and I run their rangefinder pouch as well. I couldn't be happier with them.

BLJ

WKR
How big is the front pocket of the Denali? I have a P365XL which is 1/2" longer in the barrel and slide and 1/2" longer in the grip section. Is there room to spare for an XL?
My 365 with a 12 round magazine fits in the front pocket. I have it in a cheap velcro holster that holds it vertically in the pocket. There is a little room at the end of the mag, but the rear portion of the slide is real tight to the top of the pocket. You could possibly change the holster orientation in the pocket to gain some clearance, but IMO, its going to be super tight no matter what.

Elk77

FNG
This is an old thread, but I'm thinking about switching my old FHF harness for the Badlands XR for the integrated bino and rangefinder build. I think I would like this over the separate range finder pouch. Second choice is Marsupial with range finder pouch, which is a very popular combo and I'm sure I would like it. Definitely looking for a forward opening flap to replace my FHF.
What did you end up with? I have the XR and love it, looking at options for a chest holster for it.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
No pistol on bino rig. Carry a 10mm with a bianchi holster on my kifaru hip belt. Love it. I found personally when glassing a pistol on the bino rig is in my way. If I'm glassing it's next to me.