Favorite bipod shooting sticks?

AKMoose

WKR
Had good luck with a trekking pole with a 'v' shaped attachment glued into the handle on the top. Not tall enough to use standing, but great for kneeling/sitting.

Tbeck

FNG
I use the Venum outdoors shooting sticks. They are simple to use and very effective.

I hunt a lot from a chair due to lack of elevation and tall grass and I use a Bog Pod bipod with a strap holding the rifle to it. Its super easy to pick up and move if they come in from an unexpected direction. And it allows the gun to slightly rotate if the ground is uneven.

Jmp209

FNG
Bogpod makes a pretty good product for a decent price. I've used the tripods and bipod but personally prefer the bipod for how I hunt. A lot of my friends will only use a tripod so like most things it's going to come down to your personal preference for favorite. I've tried several of the brands and styles out there and I haven't personally found any terrible ones yet.

TheGDog

WKR
If you're doing a lot of hoofin' it.. I'd highly recommend looking into the Kwik Stix shooting sticks. I think it's Cabelas? They're $19.99 and break-down like tent poles. Super light. Kinda like it better than the Bog Pod Bipod with twist lock. Only problem is the feet are small so on very soft terrain with a lotta leafs ya might have to re-position it a little to find where it won't sink-in as bad.

I like the 3-leg Primos Trigger Sticks. In terms of functionality it's real cool. But there's a weight penalty and bulk penalty to a certain degree. And you might not always want to pay that price in load.

WCB

WKR
I use a regular bipod hooked to the gun it's an inexpensive Champion brand (actually have 7 or 8 of them and have never had an issue with any of them) and a set of Primos trigger sticks...the tripod version.

TheGDog

WKR
I hunt a lot from a chair due to lack of elevation and tall grass and I use a Bog Pod bipod with a strap holding the rifle to it. Its super easy to pick up and move if they come in from an unexpected direction. And it allows the gun to slightly rotate if the ground is uneven.
You mention "with a strap holding the rifle to it." When you get a chance, could you please post a pic of what that looks like? Or describe what you use to strap it to the rifle?

Just asking because I want to figure out a solution for making sure the rifle stays oriented "right side up" if it's left in the tripod by itself beside me unattented.

On my rifle during a mountain hunt I love the swiveling Harris Bipod (very solid). For my crossbow it‘s definitely the Primos Trigger Stick Tripod.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I used to use the kwik stix but left them somewhere night hunting. I now use the bog pod red legged devil

TheGDog

WKR
I've got that BOG POD RLD with the twist locks. I'll only bother taking that one if the area is for sure going to have very thick soft stuff like a bunch composting leaves in the soil which can be annoying for the Kwik Stiks in terms of them sinking in.

Problem with that BOG POD one is it eats up a lot of time if you need to re-adjust its height in a hurry. Also the Kwik Stik are harder to spot, easier to not be seen at a distance.

Nuke Man

WKR
Non-thermal I use a bog pod. When I night hunt with the thermal a tripod that attaches to your rifle is a must I use the dead eye tripod from predator tactics.

Stalker69

WKR
Any body use pig 0311-G tripod ? Looking for a good rifle tripod and one I can use for other things , a heavier camera, spotting scope and binos. Oops just realized op asked about bipod.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried bipods, tripods, and shooting sticks. And I always go back to my bog-pod shooting sticks. They are more versatile and easier to carry than anything else. And if you can't get steady on shooting sticks, then you need more practice.

Swagger pod hands down. Go with the 42, they break down to nearly the same length as the smaller but give you more length to use for hillsides

MTB

FNG
I made a cheap a$$ pair of shooting sticks myself, super lightweight and portable. Picked up an 8' poly coated garden stake from the hardware store, cut in half and swiveled them together. I just get so tired of spending money......and these work very good.

TheGDog

WKR
I made a cheap a$$ pair of shooting sticks myself, super lightweight and portable. Picked up an 8' poly coated garden stake from the hardware store, cut in half and swiveled them together. I just get so tired of spending money......and these work very good.
Sounds like you'd really like the Cabelas Kwik Stix ultralightweight shooting sticks my friend. Imagine that same functionality, for even less weight, and it can fold up a few to fit inside a side long-pocket with your trekking pole on one side and your tripod on the other. Nothing sticking above the line of your pack, the best part.

Anything sticking up outta the pack will have ya beggin' for mercy when you're exhausted and have to negotiate under a fallen over log that has what should be enough room to go under it. You'll end up having to lower your torso even further to get whatever is sticking up to clear the underside of the log. Makes an already tough thing to do when you're exhausted, even tougher.

Reactions: MTB

Rghunter2

FNG
I use a skye pod and bought a set of leg extensions. Kind of pricey but I love shooting off it.