Favorite blank bailing target

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone has a favorite target for blank bailing? I’m about to move into a house with a very nice big garage and will be able to do this more than in the past.

I shoot a 70lb bow with about a 500gr arrow. Block targets don’t hold up close range.

Do I just go with cheap bag targets and know that I’ll rotate through? Do I get some massive 48in x 48in target?

Open to anyone who has experience here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
Check out blob targets. I got one a few weeks ago and it seems pretty nice. Stops arrows well. I’m shooting a 70# bow with a 510grain arrow at 290fps.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
To add to last post there’s some company’s that make print outs of animals for them. I bought a few of deer. Seems to work good.

wapitibob

WKR
Are you gonna blank bale to learn release execution or shoot short distance for aiming/execution drills? Blank bale doesn’t involve a target.
If you’re after aiming and execution to get past tp or anticipation issues, get a release with a locking pin ie; one of the Stan releases.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Are you gonna blank bale to learn release execution or shoot short distance for aiming/execution drills? Blank bale doesn’t involve a target.
If you’re after aiming and execution to get past tp or anticipation issues, get a release with a locking pin ie; one of the Stan releases.

Just doing it to practice shot execution. Not too worried about aiming. I’ll have some others in the yard for other types of practice

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a fan of the 4x4 block, but it's an investment.

Do you keep yours inside or out? I’ve had one of the 28in blocks and it’s outside. Definitely hates the sun but still holds up fairly well all things considered

Do you keep yours inside or out? I’ve had one of the 28in blocks and it’s outside. Definitely hates the sun but still holds up fairly well all things considered

I have one outside, but it's in an almost outhouse. It's 3 sided with a decent roof overhang on the front, plus elevated about a foot. I'll maybe put doors on it. It's in woods so doesn't get sun year round, and it faces north west, so never gets much direct sun.

No sun damage in the last few years, but they do get some if not protected.

Really easy to pull arrows from, stops everything really well.

I find the smaller layered block targets to not really compare at all to the big ones.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I have one outside, but it's in an almost outhouse. It's 3 sided with a decent roof overhang on the front, plus elevated about a foot. I'll maybe put doors on it. It's in woods so doesn't get sun year round, and it faces north west, so never gets much direct sun.

No sun damage in the last few years, but they do get some if not protected.

Really easy to pull arrows from, stops everything really well.

I find the smaller layered block targets to not really compare at all to the big ones.

Yup I’ve found the same. Their range targets are quite nice. But as you said an investment.