Favorite Bourbon Opinions

Figured there's a few on here that like a good bourbon.

Let's break this into 2 categories. What's your favorite bourbon under $30? What's you favorite for any dollar amount?

For under $30, weller green label is my hands down favorite if I can find it. I'll take regular buffalo trace as my backup if I can't find weller.

Favorite for any amount is probably Woodford double oaked. Blanton's comes in right behind that. Never tried the real expensive stuff like pappy.

What do y'all like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

n2mywake

FNG
The old Weller 12 is my favorite, it's basically a unicorn now. For over $30 Blanton's is a favorite and I had a KY Spirit store pic recently that was great. For under $30 I like Woodford , makers 46.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cheaper range: Wild Turkey, Knob Creek, Woodford
Mid range: Jefferson’s Reserve, Yellowstone
Mid Range and hard to find: Colonel EH Taylor, Rowan’s Creek, Willett

Can’t think of any real high end that makes me fall over with bourbon joy. I’ve had Pappy, but really think it’s overrated.

Generally though, if it’s brown, it’s down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorp2007

WKR
In order of price, my favorites are Old Grandad Bottled in Bond, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve.

Knob Creek falls in there somewhere too when I find it on sale.

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
Finally, a worth thread.

I can't really remember what is under $30 and prices vary widely depending on the state.

For the lower end stuff Russel's Reserve, Bufflo Trace, Four Roses single barrel, Makers 46, and Woodford are hard to top.

For the higher end stuff that aren't unicorns Blade and Bow, Chattanooga 1816 single barrel, Hudson Baby Bourbon, Bookers, and Widow Jane are some great bourbon.

If you're adding anything more than ice Four Roses small batch is the best I've had. It mixes with everything extremely well.

In Alaska it’s hard to find good bourbon for less than $30. Weller green label is $35.
However, we can get Buffalo Trace for just under $30 and that would be my favorite under $30.

my most expensive bottle is a bottle of Stagg. Not sure if that his mid or high range, but it’s pretty darn tasty.
My favorite above $30 bottle though is either Eagle Rare or woodford double Oaked.

Attachments

• 2A3A143C-7206-4F09-AB32-F46BC9D41A3E.jpeg
    2A3A143C-7206-4F09-AB32-F46BC9D41A3E.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 194
~$20 - Jim Beam white or black label, Four Roses
$20-30 - WT101, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Makers Mark
$30-40 - Four Roses Small Batch, Eagle Rare, 1792
over $40 - Elijah Craig Single Barrel, WT Rare Breed

I’ve had many other good bourbons, but these seem to be my regular go to’s

Ratbeetle

WKR
I think 30-40 bucks is the sweet spot for me, with Blantons being the exception. It runs about 60 here...if you can find it.

Blantons is probably my favorite with ET Lee a close runner up. I prefer Weller 107 to the 12 year and don't care for the special reserve at all. Knob Single Barrel is good if I feel like something with more kick.

I picked up everything in this picture for 40 or under, except the Blantons and Bookers. Bookers is way overrated at its price point.
0425201222.jpg

Ugh, I need to dust the basement.

IL Red

FNG
For sippin Four Roses, mixin Jim Beam ($22.00 a handle) high end Elmer T Lee. A couple of good ones I've tried lately, 1792 and OZ Tyler. 90% of bourbon is made within 50 miles if my house, lots of choices.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
My go to is Makers Mark. I pay $49 for a 1.75 liter bottle. I pick up Knob Creek once in awhile.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just one that's under $30 would have to be Knob Creek, which is pretty much my standard. One over $30 is a little tougher but that would probably be Four Roses. I've never had Pappy, and I probably never will, but I sure would love to see what the hype is all about.

TX_Diver

WKR
WTF. Nobody said Eagle Rare for <$30???

Eagle Rare is hands down my favorite for under $30. Bulleit Rye and Larceny are other decent options in that range.

Only bourbon I've had that was over $50 was Blantons and it is good. Kinda hard to find though in some spots.

Edit - A quick search shows eagle rare is no longer under $30. I'd recommend increasing your budget by $5 and still getting it though. Was $25 when I was buying it in NM 2 years ago.

Ratbeetle

WKR
WTF. Nobody said Eagle Rare for <$30???

Eagle Rare is hands down my favorite for under $30. Bulleit Rye and Larceny are other decent options in that range.

Only bourbon I've had that was over $50 was Blantons and it is good. Kinda hard to find though in some spots.

Edit - A quick search shows eagle rare is no longer under $30. I'd recommend increasing your budget by $5 and still getting it though. Was $25 when I was buying it in NM 2 years ago.

Look closely in my picture. 😉

I always keep a bottle on hand, good stuff.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Under $30, I'd say my go to's right now are Old Forester 100, Wild Turkey 101, and Buffalo Trace single barrel store picks.

Mid range...Old Forester 1920, Russell's Reserve single barrel store picks, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and Stagg Jr.

I've been lucky enough to score a couple BTAC bottles. The best bourbon I've ever personally tasted is the 2018 George T. Stagg. I sure do miss that bottle....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk