Favorite Bourbon Opinions

What are some that you consider great at that price? Anything you like better?

Cracked a WB Saffell this evening. Really good, but above the price point of Blanton’s. It runs $50 for 375ml in my area. Also have a Blood Oath sitting in the basement hiding from the wife.

I know all bourbons have different qualities, but haven’t tasted one yet as smooth at Blanton’s. Dangerously easy to drink.
Yes there's a few, but I'm affraid to mention them here, else they become hard to find like Blanton's!

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Bobbyboe

WKR
Yes there's a few, but I'm affraid to mention them here, else they become hard to find like Blanton's!

Well, send me a pm! 😂. Had a pour of JB Saffell last night. Very good, but pricy. Probably my favorite open bottle Of bourbon in the collection right now.

Stopped at a place a few day’s ago that suggested Early Time, which was around $24. Haven’t opened it, but several people say it punches over its weightclass. Not available in my State, so it’ll have to knock my socks off for me to drive and get more.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Rebel Yell.

It wouldn't surprise me if the label somehow gets changed due to all the TDS/BLM woke movement. All it takes is 1 snowflake to start whining about it on social media.....

mcseal2

WKR
I switch around between Makers Mark, Bulliet, and Knob Creek. I generally buy whichever is cheapest when I go to buy. It seems like a lot of time one of the 3 will be on sale.

Well, send me a pm! . Had a pour of JB Saffell last night. Very good, but pricy. Probably my favorite open bottle Of bourbon in the collection right now.

Stopped at a place a few day’s ago that suggested Early Time, which was around $24. Haven’t opened it, but several people say it punches over its weightclass. Not available in my State, so it’ll have to knock my socks off for me to drive and get more.
I hope it was the bib early times? Cause otherwise the regular one comes in a plastic bottle and is dirt cheap.

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
Turkey 101, Buffalo Trace, Elijah Craig for my regular drinkers. Also trying some Long Branch that is ok. Most of the Pappy I have had has been good but left me more impressed with the business they built than the bourbon for the price point.

Mosby

WKR
I bought several bottles of each of my favorite bourbons several years ago. 12 year old Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna and 10 year old Evan Williams from a private selection. My wife was pissed at the time but I either couldn't get or afford them now. I have other bottles that I buy to try something new but when I am sitting by myself I pour one those three. I should have enough to last me for quite some time if I don't share.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Grab yourself...and me a handful. early times bib might be the best thing out there for your buck. If you happen to come across some and don’t like it, I’ll buy every bottle you have.
Now might be the time to buy what you can get when you see it. The Early Times brand was recently acquired by Sazerac from Brown-Forman. Sazerac is Buffalo Trace's parent company....and as clearly evidenced in this thread, they're the king of allocated labels. We can only hope that they don't do to Early Times BIB what they've done to Blanton's, EH Taylor, Elmer T Lee, Weller, etc, etc, on and on....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
Now might be the time to buy what you can get when you see it. The Early Times brand was recently acquired by Sazerac from Brown-Forman. Sazerac is Buffalo Trace's parent company....and as clearly evidenced in this thread, they're the king of allocated labels. We can only hope that they don't do to Early Times BIB what they've done to Blanton's, EH Taylor, Elmer T Lee, Weller, etc, etc, on and on....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You have a better chance of catching Bigfoot in a foot snare than scoring some Elmer T Lee!

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Had my boy pour me a blind tasting of some the interesting bottles in the cabinet the other day. He numbered the glencairn glasses and splashed a half inch in each. Did a couple of flights. Don’t know if it’s familiarity or preference but I ranked the Blanton’s and Col. Taylor SB 1 and 2 by a wide margin. Evan in the middle along with the Makers 46.Wild Turkey Master’s Keep came in dead last and was the priciest. When I am in a spicy mood I favor the rye, but for sipping I’m a Buffalo Trace whore.

pck5038

FNG
Figured there's a few on here that like a good bourbon.

Let's break this into 2 categories. What's your favorite bourbon under $30? What's you favorite for any dollar amount?

For under $30, weller green label is my hands down favorite if I can find it. I'll take regular buffalo trace as my backup if I can't find weller.

Favorite for any amount is probably Woodford double oaked. Blanton's comes in right behind that. Never tried the real expensive stuff like pappy.

What do y'all like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

basil Hayden

Bobbyboe

WKR
Picked up a bottle of four roses single barrel for $39 and makers mark barrel select $69.
The four roses is a quality sip, probably in my top 3. I thought the makers was absolute garbage. Never again!

I also found a bottle of Blanton's in the wild for $69. Instant buy. Just wish I could find more.

Picked up a bottle of four roses single barrel for $39 and makers mark barrel select $69.
The four roses is a quality sip, probably in my top 3. I thought the makers was absolute garbage. Never again!

I also found a bottle of Blanton's in the wild for $69. Instant buy. Just wish I could find more.

Absolutely agree regarding Four Roses! Definitely one of my favorite bourbon’s bar none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mntnguide

WKR
Im a little late to this topic.. but it's one i enjoy quite often. Here's my best hidden secret.. unopened Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old. .. really enjoy buffalo trace as my normal on the fridge bourbon for the house as well
70f5941848a24b7dac1ad95c139b584f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk