Favorite Bourbon Opinions

Sevens

WKR
You have a better chance of catching Bigfoot in a foot snare than scoring some Elmer T Lee!
I need to set out some snares then, got a bottle at MSRP right before thanksgiving last year.

Walked into a Total Wine on my lunch break, they had 3 bottles on the counter. One guy - obviously not a whiskey guy - was holding a bottle and listening to the lady at the counter say it was rare. He shrugged and put it down. I immediately grabbed a bottle, guy who walks in behind me grabs another bottle, and then the not-a-whiskey-guy, having seen two get snatched up in under 10 seconds, decides he is now a whiskey guy and wants the last Elmer T Lee. Hope he didn’t go home and mix it with coke.

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a bottle of Old Forester 1920. Higher proof than most I drink but damn good. Im liking it more than the 1910 due to the bolder spice that came through.

Bullett 10 year is fast becoming my favorite. I like Eagle rare, Basil Hayden, but the cream of my crop is Blantons. Just impossible to find.

You know how sometimes someone starts a Vortex or Mystery Ranch thread and the response will be Swaro or Kifaru...

Anyways... Balvenie Triple Cask 18 is my response to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Dropped into the Bourbon Trail last weekend between the Ark (amazing) amd exploring the Smoky Mountains. The only distillery open for tours was Wild Turkey. Almost picked up the distillers select, but got a Rare Breed (excellent) amd a Longbranch (meh, it will be good if someone wants a mixer). 4 Roses store was open but the two single barrels they had for sale were both spicy and I’m not that refined. I can get the small batch at Costco and like that one a lot. My favorite is Col E. H. Taylor small batch.

nubrun

FNG
11fa0445dfe7b335eee76708f7e42439.jpg

Tonight’s bourbon of choice.

Bobbyboe

WKR
So bummed this evening. Large shipment of Trace products got distributed in the Madison, Wi area today, and I was stuck at work!😥. Guys walking out with all sorts of goodies. Missed out big. Weller, EH Taylor, blantons....

I really need to figure out when this stuff gets dropped. I need to become friends with a distributor, or something.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
So bummed this evening. Large shipment of Trace products got distributed in the Madison, Wi area today, and I was stuck at work!😥. Guys walking out with all sorts of goodies. Missed out big. Weller, EH Taylor, blantons....

I really need to figure out when this stuff gets dropped. I need to become friends with a distributor, or something.

Same happened here in VA. Elmer T Lee all over the state. Like you, I am a working man and could not get any. WTF!

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
Favorite under $30: Buffalo Trace
Favorite all around: Woodford Reserve
So many bourbons, so little time!

Here we can find Weller SR pretty easily...so I've been laying on provisions for the winter! But for an occasion I prefer Eagle Rare which (in keeping w/ the name) is a bit more difficult to run across.

Just picked up a bottle of Old Forester 1920. Higher proof than most I drink but damn good. Im liking it more than the 1910 due to the bolder spice that came through.
1920 is always on my shelf and punches way above its price point. If im buying a bottle and its over 60 bucks, I compare it and say would I pay that for this when i can get 1920?

Can't believe im just finding this thread, but here are my favorites along the price scale:

Value: Evan Williams BiB, OGD 114
Mid: Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek Store Picks, Woodinville
Upper: Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (B520 ATM), OF 1920, Stagg Jr.
Favorite Unicorn (have had but do not own): WLW

(Notables sitting on the shelf and intentionally not mentioned: EHT SB, Weller SR, Blantons, Larceny BP)

bat-cave

WKR
FWIW for other Bourbon/Whiskey Fans ... It may be worth poking around in some smaller liquor stores in more remote areas for some good finds. I am theorizing that with COVID some of the restaurants didn't accept their orders and some ended up in smaller liquor stores. I have happened up Blanton's twice this way in the past month. I have found 1 other bottle in the Denver area over the past few years. I know a lot of folks that have had the same experience. My two finds as of late were smaller mountain towns and rinky dink liquor stores ... one had 6 Bottles of Blantons at $75 each. I would have selfishly bought all 6, but he limited me to one and I was a happy camper. The other bottle was a single that the owner said was a restaurant order. Possibly the only good that has come my due to COVID! :)

FWIW for other Bourbon/Whiskey Fans ... It may be worth poking around in some smaller liquor stores in more remote areas for some good finds. I am theorizing that with COVID some of the restaurants didn't accept their orders and some ended up in smaller liquor stores. I have happened up Blanton's twice this way in the past month. I have found 1 other bottle in the Denver area over the past few years. I know a lot of folks that have had the same experience. My two finds as of late were smaller mountain towns and rinky dink liquor stores ... one had 6 Bottles of Blantons at $75 each. I would have selfishly bought all 6, but he limited me to one and I was a happy camper. The other bottle was a single that the owner said was a restaurant order. Possibly the only good that has come my due to COVID! :)
Good find, bummer that store owner was marking up Blanton's above MSRP!

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk