Favorite Bourbon Opinions

bpurtz

WKR
Basil Hayden’s and Elijah Craig are both great. Costco has the basils for about ~$34. Throw Scotch into it and oban is hard to beat but more than the bourbons price wise.

I did manage to get my hands on a bottle of 12 pappys and it was awesome but not entirely convinced it is worth the hype.

A few years back, the gear reviews caused me to start lurking around, but I had no idea it could get this deep.

Basil Hayden
High West American Prairie

I did search for a comparable "Favorite Scotch Opinions" thread, but didn't find one. Seeing that carter33 opened the door, is it fair to add/offer some opinions?

Glenmorangie 18
Aberlour 16
Oban 14

We had a bottle of Balvenie 21 on our Idaho Mule Deer hunt this year - it was incredibly smooth, but I'm not sure 3 years is worth the premium cost over the Glenmorangie 18.

Found some Blanton’s locally here but at $80, I think I over paid.
3be810e630424a4cfaf6b9bd0f85b0dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That stuff is good 🥃

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Walmart across the street that will get Blantons every once in a while for $58. Weller SR big bottle (1.75) for under $35 after tax. Just have to swing by every Wednesday to check. Krogers gets it every few months, but I don't like it enough to make the effort of driving there. Funny thing it it seems easier to get Weller Antique outside of Kentucky then it is in our state.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Johnny Drum
Old Ezra 7
E. H. Taylor

hunting1

WKR
Figured there's a few on here that like a good bourbon.

Let's break this into 2 categories. What's your favorite bourbon under $30? What's you favorite for any dollar amount?

For under $30, weller green label is my hands down favorite if I can find it. I'll take regular buffalo trace as my backup if I can't find weller.

Favorite for any amount is probably Woodford double oaked. Blanton's comes in right behind that. Never tried the real expensive stuff like pappy.

What do y'all like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I love Weller and remember not very long ago it was at every Walgreens for under $20. Now if you can find it it’s 25-30.

I could be happy with Buffalo Trace and Maker’s 46, but love chasing them. Woodford Double Oak is good and can be found.

Old grand dad bonded, eagle rare, wild turkey 101, knob creek are my go too’s. Don’t often go for pricier bottles, I enjoy them when we have them, but I never wish I had anything else in my glass when I have a go to.

Deaner20

WKR
Not a big bourbon drinker but definitely gonna check some of these out now thanks

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Makers Mark for making whiskey sours and Blantons for sippin
Switched from Maker's to Larceny for cocktails (mainly old fashioneds). Definitely started as a financial call due to quarantine consumption rates, but I like it well enough I don't know that I'd go back.

slvrslngr

WKR
Picked up a bottle of the Old Grand-dad Bonded (100 proof) and am impressed, punches well above its price point. If I recall correctly, it was just under $20.

evo7011

FNG
I like Jefferson's Ocean, Blanton's, and Yellowstone 101. That would be my top 3 picks, in that order.

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
Their rye is ok. Honestly prefer their bourbon over their rye. Mitchers, High West, and Whistle Pig are my favorites