Favorite Bourbon Opinions

Just came across another great whiskey. Hard to find but well worth it!

c0af8c72a4d51b0391ef1675556c6c0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just fortunate enough to help a friend finish off a bottle of this.

Awesome......

Figured there's a few on here that like a good bourbon.

Let's break this into 2 categories. What's your favorite bourbon under $30? What's you favorite for any dollar amount?

For under $30, weller green label is my hands down favorite if I can find it. I'll take regular buffalo trace as my backup if I can't find weller.

Favorite for any amount is probably Woodford double oaked. Blanton's comes in right behind that. Never tried the real expensive stuff like pappy.

What do y'all like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Knob creek, Basil Hayden, Bulliet. All good

Michael54

WKR
You guys got me on a bourbon buying spree lol. Picked up bulleit 10 year and makers 46 to try today. I'm a big fan of the buffalo trace and basil haydens so far. Buffalo trace has more flavor but basil is smoother in my opinion

ahawk116

FNG
Cheap George dickel white label.
Another eagle rare fan here.
Also old Forrester 1920 or statesman or bib

Selous

FNG
My favs long have been Blanton's and EH Taylor Small Batch, which are both more difficult to find these days than they should be. There's a great big world of bourbon out there, but I'm pretty much set in my ways.

Four Roses Single Barrel is super solid - less than $50 a bottle - and you can find it just about anywhere. Old Forrester 1910 and 1920 are usually available (if you look around a little) - both are solid. Eagle Rare is pretty cheap and definitely really good for what it is.

If you're going to add a bunch of stuff to it (i.e. anything other than a block of ice), then there's no point in stressing ... buffalo trace, cheaper Four Roses lines, Basil Hayden, Bulliet, knob creek, whatever is pretty much 100% suitable.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
The guy got it right in the first post of this thread...

Double Oaked is the best bourbon at any price. Don't agree? I'll FIGHT YOU!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
So i personally love this list i came across for all of the best bourbons under 30. I usually end up buying one out of either of these bottles. Never have i ever tried an expensive one though, which one would you guys recommend getting? Because i get scared to invest so much money on a bourbon that ill take one sip of and not like haha. dont want it to go to a waste!
Not really an answer to your question.

I would say, if you are happy with under $30, don't start drinking stuff that costs more. I've had a couple bottles of scotch that cost $200-400. While I really enjoyed them, the end result is that money could have gone to much better uses. I keep buying whiskey over $50 a bottle, so my actions say go for it, just be aware that you might develop more expensive tastes.

I have had a couple bottles of Blanton's and it is pretty good. Jefferson's Oceans is good to, but I like Blanton's more.

PAhntr91

WKR
I dig some Buffalo trace can usually pick it up around here for like $26. Also on a wild turkey kick lately. Maybe it will bring me some good luck in a few weeks

TX_Diver

WKR
Not really an answer to your question.

I would say, if you are happy with under $30, don't start drinking stuff that costs more. I've had a couple bottles of scotch that cost $200-400. While I really enjoyed them, the end result is that money could have gone to much better uses. I keep buying whiskey over $50 a bottle, so my actions say go for it, just be aware that you might develop more expensive tastes.

I have had a couple bottles of Blanton's and it is pretty good. Jefferson's Oceans is good to, but I like Blanton's more.

Seemed almost like a spam post... He joined 4 minutes before posting. I wasn't brave enough to click the link haha.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Seemed almost like a spam post... He joined 4 minutes before posting. I wasn't brave enough to click the link haha.

I did not click the link. I thought maybe it was someone trying to get their ten posts, but I tend to be to generous.

The link looked clean (no redirects, and the primary address is an actual sight), so I opened it. Turns out it is dead and the page it linked to is no longer on foodopedia.co. Looks like the sight is kind of garbage over all though, fancy page without much content. So, my guess is you are correct.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Stranahan’s
Angels Envy
Both just the standard versions work for me!!

Mosby

WKR
I bought a bottle of Henry McKenna once that was the best bottle of bourbon I ever had. I like Evan Williams too but If I had to get down to one it would be 12 year old Elijiah Craig that I bought when they were changing the label(and the age). I ran out and bought about every bottle I could find. I haven't had a reason to buy another in the last 5 years.

My bottles of Henry McKenna, Evan Williams and Elijah Craig were all under $30 when I bought them. All were at least 10 years old. Woke up one day and decided to stock up on 3 reasonably priced bourbons that I liked and could get my hands on. Those 3 won. One of the best stupid decisions I ever made.

Last edited:

Kilboars

WKR
I’ve been enjoying St. Augustine Bourbon lately.

If you visit the distillery in Saint Augustine Florida they have a few other blends as well.

I bought a bottle of Henry McKenna once that was the best bottle of bourbon I ever had. I like Evan Williams too but If I had to get down to one it would be 12 year old Elijiah Craig that I bought when they were changing the label(and the age). I ran out and bought about every bottle I could find. I haven't had a reason to buy another in the last 5 years.

My bottles of Henry McKenna, Evan Williams and Elijah Craig were all under $30 when I bought them. All were at least 10 years old. Woke up one day and decided to stock up on 3 reasonably priced bourbons that I liked and could get my hands on. Those 3 won. One of the best stupid decisions I ever made.
I'm hoping those days are not just behind us, but hopefully will return. I think whiskey distillers have ramped up production to compensate for the rise in popularity. I hope we can get good 9-12 year old bourbon for $30-40 easily and on every shelf again.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

jpalmer83

FNG
New to the forum but love my bourbon so had to comment on this. Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but I would put up 4 roses small batch select verse anything I’ve had. Have had a bunch of different BT products and expensive bourbons. Just something about it from beginning to end that is so damn good.

If we're going to expand this to scotch, do yourself a favor and don't try any Oban, or you'll likely ruin your taste for all the others...

slvrslngr

WKR
Living in Japan I’ve got access to some export only bourbons. Picked up a bottle of Evan Williams 12yo and it’s become a favorite! I also see Blantons black and red labels as well as Wild Turkey 13yo (purple label). I tried the Blantons black, it's decent but not their best but need to try the Blantons red label and WT13 one of these days.

Last edited:

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
This guy is spot on!!!
Yup those are all great. WR Double Oaked on top of those, however. Knob was my first love. I prefer Knob over Buffalo Trace but WR and Double Oaked would be all I ever needed. Never met a bourbon made outside Kentucky that I really love.

I got 2 bottles of Double Oaked at Costco six months ago for $35 each from some distributer promo. Happy day it was.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk