Favorite cool set?

GMO44

FNG
I meant to say cook set but don't know how to edit the title. I'm running a msr pocket rocket and need a good cook set. What do y'all like?

Last edited:

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I use an msr pocket rocket, kovea spider or msr whisperlite for my stove and either the gsi halulite minimalist or an olicamp xts pot (depending on whether or not I'm solo) with the sea to summit aluminum long handled spoon for all of my trips. I haven't used the pocket rocket very much since getting the kovea though.

Tsnider

WKR
been using the health pro cook set this year. i take only the bigger pot and the skillet for use as a lid. i use the bigger pot so i can use it between multiple people. i just got the pocket rocket 2 and really like it, but have only used it one trip. im sure it will hold up just as the old ones did. toaks titanium spoon.

My cook kit is to boil water for rehydrating meals or making tea. I use this for early season hunting up to 11,000 feet in New Mexico. It's an aluminum straight-sided pot 5 inches diameter x 2.25 deep with a tight-fitting lid. Holds about 2.5 cups of water It's out of a 1960's vintage boy/girl scout cook kit. I see they still sell a similar item in Sportsman's but the cup in that kit is plastic now rather than aluminum. I only carry the pot though. Inside the pot I carry a beer can alcohol stove, a tablespoon for measuring the alcohol, a pot handle for holding the pot when I pour the water, a pot stand, and a lighter. Obviously it's going to be hard to do much else than boil water with this setup, but works for its intended purpose so well I don't even bring the MSR dragonfly to the trailhead anymore. For nights I'm at my truck, I have a little butane stove that works great and uses the fuel cylinders that look like an aerosol paint can (though the cylinders are a bit pricey). With that stove you can infinitely adjust the flame and cook as well as you can on your range at home.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
Been running the Solo pot 900 and toaks titanium long handle smooth spoon. The solo pot is stainless and while heavier than titanium provides very good handles, graduations from 10 to 30 ounces that are accurate and the lid fits slightly loose. It stays on while pouring if it's not tipped completely sideways. It also has a pour spout which I really like. It will fit a 8oz canister with lid on and comes with an adequate stuff sack. It's been my favorite pot by far and I've tried many of them.

Weight was accurate per manufacturer. It is much more substantial feeling than my msr titanium pot, a bit taller, and food doesn't stick as bad. It's was around $35 which is also cheaper than titanium.

Lastcar

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard good things about the Toaks stuff too... For $25, I'm thinking of giving the 550ml Pot a try.

Definitely heard theres a need for the Hot Lips, especially for the morning coffee...

I have both of these. I use it with a Snowpeak Ti whatever the heck it is for my lightweight setup.

The Toaks pot does what it is supposed to. Which makes it fantastic. I mean it is a pot. It does pot things like you'd expect a pot to do.

And is light.

I like it.

I use a MSR Windburner for when I mean business...whatever that means... :)

Dobermann

WKR
Snowpeak 900 works for me, and fits the Solo Stove, which I like for the versatility of using either an alcohol burner or small twigs ... although DWD's recommendation above makes me want to try the Solo 900 for comparison!

Fireman5569

Lil-Rokslider
I use the toaks 550ml nested with my msr titan kettle 550 for hot drinks and titan to boil water , I have the brs3000 and msr pocket rocket I store a fuel cell and the brs3000 in the toaks with a lighter, hot lips and a bandana. I also just got the toaks long handle folding spoon on amazon 2 for 20$. will post picks later.

Last edited: