Favorite Custom Action?

tdot

WKR
I ended up with a Lone Peak ti. They are just so smooth. The Defiance UL with the DLC was comparable for smoothness, but ended up more expensive (here in Canada) so I went the Ti route for weight. Not a ton of actions around here to compare to though. Lots of blue printed 700's which are not even remotely in the same league.

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
They highly resemble Stiller actions. Which Stiller manufactures branded actions for dozens of companies. Carry on

If by LPA, you mean Lone Peak Arms, they are their own company as far as I can tell. The two owners that I spoke to are great guys.

tdot

WKR
They highly resemble Stiller actions. Which Stiller manufactures branded actions for dozens of companies. Carry on

Interesting. When looking for both bottom metal and stocks designed for the mid length Lone Peak Razor, everyone said the Razor didnt match the Stiller. But they sure do look the same. I'd be very curious to know just how close they are.

Totoro

WKR
Got 2 Kelblys and 2 Defiance, no complaints whatsoever!

That bring said, no "bad" custom action, just pick the features you want and go for it!

Marketer2

FNG
I always wanted a defiance action until two guys at a local PRS match were having feeding issues with their new defiance actions. They say they smooth out after a few hundred cycles but forget that. For that much money I don’t Want any issues. The both were using accuracy international mags and maybe that’s the issue but made me question it for sure.

OP
cattleman99

cattleman99

Lil-Rokslider
I always wanted a defiance action until two guys at a local PRS match were having feeding issues with their new defiance actions. They say they smooth out after a few hundred cycles but forget that. For that much money I don’t Want any issues. The both were using accuracy international mags and maybe that’s the issue but made me question it for sure.
Defiance actions are generally tight. They're super smooth after a while, but tolerances are so tight on them you may run into issues when using them in dirt or sand or mud.

Big Ern

WKR
My hunting rig has a Defiance Hunter action. Super high quality. But, my new long range rig i had built with a Bighorn TL3. It’s fantastic. At this point I don’t see any reason to ever switch. Ultra smooth and robust.

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
Dont overlook Kelbley , they're amazing. If you need to pinch a few pennies, a Stiller is a great option.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I'm the only idiot that likes a Badger M2013
No, I really enjoy mine. I think it's the way to go if you want to use AW magazines. The non-standard inlet is a disadvantage when looking for stocks though.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord