Favorite Dehydrated Meals

Can you verify that code? Not working when I use it. I'd like to give these a try. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah idk, i think cause its all on sale right now, the code isnt working for me either lol sorry man. Just confirmed the code is elk10 too.. Its worked for me in the past even during their sales which they have often. Its discounted more than the code takes off anyway so id just order a few meals to try since they're all delicious. My favorites are the bison beer chili and the thai curry shrimp.

Packit gourmet looks really good too i just haven't ordered it yet. Most of their stuff looks like it'd go great with tortillas

fmyth

WKR
I've liked all of there meals I've tasted except the Sweet Pork and Rice but that's just my taste buds. The Chicken Alfredo is my favorite. The Strawberry Granola is a really tasty breakfast.

Mountain House Chili Mac is still my favorite for chili. Blueberry granola is really good too.
I have some pro packs of the MH Chili Mac and am prepared to trade them for any Peak meal you may have left. I'll go two MH's for one Peak.

xcutter

WKR
I have some pro packs of the MH Chili Mac and am prepared to trade them for any Peak meal you may have left. I'll go two MH's for one Peak.
Sorry none to trade. I like all the Peak Meals except the Sweet Pork and Rice. Glad I only ever bought one to try. Thanks for the offer though.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Dehydrator has been a great investment for us. Cheap and easy. I did learn that wax paper and parchment paper are definitely not the same thing. I ruined a veggie stir fry that was stuck to the paper. I’ve read a couple threads on here but if anyone has any resources with recipes let me know

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
Dehydrator has been a great investment for us. Cheap and easy. I did learn that wax paper and parchment paper are definitely not the same thing. I ruined a veggie stir fry that was stuck to the paper. I’ve read a couple threads on here but if anyone has any resources with recipes let me know
I usually shoot for 140-150g total per meal.

Shepherds Pie- instant potatoes, dehy ground venison/beef, dehy peas, dehy mushrooms gravy powder
Thanksgiving- stovetop stuffing, dehy canned chicken, dried cranberries, gravy powder
Cheesy Beef/Broccoli- Dehy rice of your choice, dehy venison/beef, dehy broccoli, cheese powder, ranch powder
Chicken Fajita Bowl- Dehy rice, dehy canned chicken, dehy peppers and onions, taco seasoning, sour cream powder, dehy salsa, dehy black beans.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
That fajita sounds amazing. I didn’t know powdered sour cream was even a thing! I do have a jar of homemade salsa on the racks now

That fajita sounds amazing. I didn’t know powdered sour cream was even a thing! I do have a jar of homemade salsa on the racks now
You can get real dehydrated butter, Cheddar, and heavy cream too. Like flour for gravy, mix with small amount of cold water before adding to hot stuff. Eliminates almost all lumps.

I like Backpacker's Pantry, but definitely NOT SHEPHERD'S POTATO STEW WITH BEEF. :) Wife and I tried it tonight. Not terrible, but so many better choices out there, like their Pad Thai with Chicken.

NDGuy

WKR
*Update.

Tried Hawk Vittles, pretty blown away. He dehydrates vs freeze dries and the taste so far is much better than any other brands I have had.

I am 2/8 into my meals I ordered, had the Breakfast Grits and Hashbrowns so far. Very tasty and priced under the big names ($6-8 per meal) will update after having the other meals.

xcutter

WKR
*Update.

Tried Hawk Vittles, pretty blown away. He dehydrates vs freeze dries and the taste so far is much better than any other brands I have had.

I am 2/8 into my meals I ordered, had the Breakfast Grits and Hashbrowns so far. Very tasty and priced under the big names ($6-8 per meal) will update after having the other meals.
Never heard of Hawk Vittles. Prices do look reasonable. Might have to give them a try. Thanks for posting.

SonnyDay

WKR
Each vendor seems to have their good ones and bad ones. My very favorite so far is Mountain House Chicken & Mashed Potato Dinner. Just like eating leftovers from a roasted chicken dinner...

Got my order in with Hawk Vittles. These come in one or two servings, so not actually lower cost than the big nam9, but quality is worth a few dollars more.

Will update upon receipt.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I make my own but always have a couple Hawk Vittles for variety. I love the Southwestern Lasagna and the hash brown breakfast one. And the HV sizing is true to a hungry big man. I can’t eat a whole 2 serving meal and not be in pain. It’s not like the MH sizing.

NDGuy

WKR
Got my order in with Hawk Vittles. These come in one or two servings, so not actually lower cost than the big nam9, but quality is worth a few dollars more.

Will update upon receipt.
Was just going to post what Steve said. He told me single servings are true single man sized servings I don't think I finished one by myself.

Lowg08

WKR
I can’t figure out how to attach the link but look up meal ideas on cleverhiker. Some don’t even require anything but a scale and packaging together.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Definitely the best have been ones I make and dehydrate myself. You have total control of what’s going into them, no preservatives and you control the sodium content. For me, I have high blood pressure that I am able to control with diet and exercise. But if I eat a couple Mountain House meals, my blood pressure sky rockets due to the high sodium.
Chili Mac, spicy venison chili, rabbit and chicken Paella, elk stew and quinoa, wild turkey curry and rice.. you can get creative and have real home cooked meals while you are on the mountain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallfreak

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't tried some of these newer companies that have come out but I'm still a big fan of Mountain House beef stroganoff.

DracoPuy

FNG
I haven't tried some of these newer companies that have come out but I'm still a big fan of Mountain House beef stroganoff.
Have you tried their breakfasts? What do you think? I want to buy them for a long time, but I hesitate.