Favorite early season pant?

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
Prana stretch Zion pants or Outdoor Research (OR) Foray pants .. both breath really well, hold up decently especially the Foray pants, and are light weight, and I can wear them to the bar in any downtown in any city .. the nice thing about the Foray (and all OR products) is they have an unlimited warranty so any issues, including ones you caused yourself, are covered under warranty

I agree! The Prana Stretch Zion pants are good to go.

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Kings Camo XKG Ridge pant. They're quiet, light, and breathable polyester. But my favorite thing is that they have a 36 in inseam in their smaller waist sizes.
I second the Kings XKG pants, perfect for August and September.

rcdinaz

FNG
My favorite are the Kuiu as well. I have Prana, Arcteryx, Black Ovis, Wrangler, and Kuhl and I wear them all and the wranglers cant be beat as far as price but the Kuiu breath better than any other pants I own.

Feedback has me interested in the FL...so this thread will probably cost me $150. Thanks! ;)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've worn the SKRE Unita pants for Utahs August archery season for the past 3 seasons. They are my favorite by far with side zip vents and thigh pocket vents. Also a very breathable grid fabric
18868f27d9e0f876a8241cb0b80a01a5.jpg
5f6ee5dba4a875a47b3afa0a773ad50a.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've owned Sitka Ascent and Mountain, Prana Zions and Bryon, Kuhl, Eddie Bauer, FL merino and corrugate guides, Kuiu Guides, Tiburon and Attacks.

My two favorite pants are the Kuiu Attacks and Walmart Wranglers for $22. I can no longer justify spending so much on hunting pants after buying the Wranglers! The Attacks can work from early to late season as you can dump the heat by opening the hip vents and front zipper.

tunafed

FNG
Another vote for the SKRE Unita. I live in and hunt near the Mojave desert. 90+ degree days are the norm during archery season and even into rifle season at the lower elevations. They are the best I've tried to date. Waist runs a little small but, otherwise they fit well and the breathability is fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Terrapin

WKR
Wrangler cargo stretch. I have about 8 pairs. Wear them year round for everything from hunting to work, $18 on sale. I even bought 4 pairs of the fleece lined ones for cooler weather... it’s like your legs are getting a hug from a warm teddy bear.

I only wear Kuiu Attacks or Sitka Mountains if someone is taking pictures. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prana stretch Zion pants or Outdoor Research (OR) Foray pants .. both breath really well, hold up decently especially the Foray pants, and are light weight, and I can wear them to the bar in any downtown in any city .. the nice thing about the Foray (and all OR products) is they have an unlimited warranty so any issues, including ones you caused yourself, are covered under warranty
Prana Zion’s are good but OR’s “infinite” warranty is only for “defects” and doesn’t cover fabric

Honestly, the Wrangler Outdoor Stretch Cargo ($22 at Walmart) are my go-to pants nowadays for most of the year. I have (and wear in late season with merino base) FL Corrugate Guide Pants. Damaging a $22 pant doesn't make me cry like a $120 pair. The Corrugates are a good deal tougher though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Same for me. When it gets colder, I wear the fleece lined Wrangler synthetic pant from Walmart.

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
I like the loose fit and easy breathing lightness of FL Corrugates for early season/warm weather hunting. I think the OP already has what he’s looking for.

gldenhwk

FNG
ben47: I've had 0 issues with the "warranty" I've sent back .. fingers worn out of gloves, holes in rain gear .. I also worked at an outdoor retailer in Canada for a number of years and we never once had a warranty rejected for any issue with OR, from delamination, smoke smell not coming out of fabric, wrong size, it was all covered .. might be different in the states though ..