favorite game recipes?

sk1

WKR
so many things were posted in the what are you cooking with your game meat post, but what about the recipes? what are your favorites? I am definately lacking in the game meat cooking department....alot of it i just marinade in italian dressing and grill.

if anyone is looking for an AWESOME fish recipe....well at least on perch, panfish, walleye, and other similar fish..

crunch up soda crackers real fine in a bag.....dip the fillet in flour, then transfer into egg, and then coat with cracker crumbs....finally deep fry until your desired crisp. usually about 4 to 5 min. i make this with my fish at the fire department i work at, everyone loves it. also franks red hot is an awesome dipping sauce for it

R

rebecca francis

Man that sounds so good! I have one that is real similar. We have been holding off on sharing the recipes because there is some talk of a Rokslide cookbook. If it doesn't happen we should definitely start posting all our favorite recipes. If it does....then you should add this fish one!

Northern Utah? That's my home state. :)

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
oh really what part??

i was wondering why everyone was holding out on the recipe's......guess ill have to look elsewhere until that's decided...i highly recommend that fish one going in there, it's incredible!

R

rebecca francis

oh really what part??

i was wondering why everyone was holding out on the recipe's......guess ill have to look elsewhere until that's decided...i highly recommend that fish one going in there, it's incredible!

I'm actually from Utah Valley, and so is my husband. Do you have any pics of that fish recipe prepared? If not, you should take some.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
i don't think i have any pics actually, ill get some in a week or two....my buddy at work owes me a fish dinner for losing a bet on the jazz making the playoffs....i'll take one then

if anyone is looking for an AWESOME fish recipe....well at least on perch, panfish, walleye, and other similar fish..

crunch up soda crackers real fine in a bag.....dip the fillet in flour, then transfer into egg, and then coat with cracker crumbs....finally deep fry until your desired crisp. usually about 4 to 5 min. i make this with my fish at the fire department i work at, everyone loves it. also franks red hot is an awesome dipping sauce for it

That's a great recipe. That has been my family's fried fish recipe for 50+ years, and we looovveee fish. In the past few years my wife and I have substituted panko crumbs instead of the cracker crumbs and it may be even better (crispier). You can even bread the fish after you caught it, lay it out on trays to freeze it, then pack it in vacuum bags after it is frozen. Makes a quick meal in the evenings. This is a great recipe for clams, shrimp, and fried oysters too. We did razor clams and a year later they were still yummy.

One of out favorite salmon recipes is take a salmon filet, pull the fine bones with needle nose pliers. Put the filet on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Drizzle the fillet with teriyaki/pineapple marinade (like Lawry's brand). Sprinkle on lightly with finely diced white onion, then sprinkle on about an 1/8th inch layer of Kraft parmesan cheese and very lightly dust with brown sugar (put the ingredients on in that order or the sauce will clump up the parmesan). Broil under a 450 degree broiler until the fish is done which is usually 10-20 minutes depending on thickness of the filet.

If you like your salmon a little more savory, use straight teriyaki or worcestershire sauce instead of the teriyaki/pineapple sauce, and eliminate the brown sugar.

R

rebecca francis

K guys send the recipe and pics to the email address in the new cooking forum and we will start a wild game cookbook!