Favorite Hunting Fletching Color

treillw

WKR
What fletching color shows up best for elk hunting in MT?

Lots of people use green, but the whole forest is green - don't quite get that one.

What fletching color shows up best for elk hunting in MT?

Lots of people use green, but the whole forest is green - don't quite get that one.

I asked the pro shop what the most visible color is and they said pink. I asked for the second because if I can get my wife into Archery, which I’m still hoping to accomplish, she said she wants pink strings and pink arrow. I figured I should choose the second option. I went with three orange fletchings and I’m looking at maybe starting to wrap my arrows with a reflective wrap.

This will be my first year with this setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncavi8tor

WKR
White and blue or purple. Bright pink is good too. Something that is not natural in the woods. I always have at least one white vane to help with analyzing the blood on a shot.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
White and Blue are the easiest for me to see. I'm running blue and green now with a reflective white wrap. I'm color blind and can't hardly see any red, pink or greens in the woods, not even blood.

Sled

WKR
i've used hot pink, florescent yellow, white and fluorescent green. it mostly depends on where i'm going to look for an arrow but in the dark the flo yellow shows up best. white shows the quality of the hit the best and hot pink stands out in all conditions but can get confusing in fall if you have changing leaves and are slightly color blind. i'm finding out that i know more people that i thought with some form of color blindness.

blue is usually my 3rd/index vane since you don't see blue in the woods anywhere.

MT257

WKR
I think I will be runnig pink/white vanes with either white or pink wraps.

mtnkid85

WKR
The past few seasons I had all orange. For this year I played with some white vanes but ultimately decided on going back to orange with a white reflective wrap. I do feel like the white helps shooting into dark spots.