Favorite Hunting Pants?

Early season - Kuiu Kutana
All other seasons Kuiu Attacks

I don't like kneepads nor waterproof paneling on my pants. Mostly active hunting. During cold weather if I'm glassing or stand hunting, I layer up under or over accordingly and use a lightweight insulated sitting pad.

Kuiu Attack or Kutana pants. Comfort, fit, durable & hip vents.
How are the kutanas compared to the attacks? Lighter, heavier, fit, flexibility? Attacks are a no fail always usable all around pant for me.
Also like kryptek Ragnar pant (which they don't make anymore, I think), can slide knee pads in, waterproof knee coating, good flexibility, easy access pockets with a good arrangement.
Skre hardscrabble pants, a little heavier than the attacks. I may need to size the same as attacks, 36 instead of 34 but 34 are working.

Last edited:

Jkling12

FNG
Wrangler stretch pants early and kuiu attacks from 60 degrees down to 0 with puffy pants if it’s really cold.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I take out the first lite sawbucks more than any other pants. Tough, quiet enough to spot and stalk coyotes, and flexible in all the right places.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've come to really appreciate the pockets,

I've grown accustomed to cargo pockets on both sides as well, and I keep my windicator, watch, and calls in them. And when my GPS isn't in my pack it's in one of my front pockets. I don't think I could handle hunting in pants without all the pockets. I also like plenty of room in my pants. I go over fences and deadfall all the time, I need to be able to be nimble and resistance free when on the move, especially on a run. That all rules out the EB and Prana pants for me. I also don't care for waterproof linings or DWR treatments on pants.

Last edited:
My favorite so far are the Kryptek Alaios. They have held up well after 5 years of hard use in AZ, HI, TX, KS, Mexico, and Alberta.

For "bang for the buck" you are hard pressed to beat the Wrangler Outdoor pants. For $25 or so, who cares if they get trashed. Mine were just as "durable" as two Kuiu pants.

The Kuiu Attacks are comfortable but were trashed in one day in AZ. The Tiburon are awesome in the heat but were trashed in on day in AZ. The Kuiu Pros did well on 16 days in AK.

How are the kutanas compared to the attacks? Lighter, heavier, fit, flexibility? Attacks are a no fail always usable all around pant for me.
Also like kryptek Ragnar pant (which they don't make anymore, I think), can slide knee pads in, waterproof knee coating, good flexibility, easy access pockets with a good arrangement.
Skre hardscrabble pants, a little heavier than the attacks. I may need to size the same as attacks, 36 instead of 34 but 34 are working.

I was pleasantly surprised how light, breathable, and durable the Kutanas were during September archery elk. I did switch over to the heavier Attacks prior to camping/hunting a few days at 11.3k elevation. If I had only one pair of pants to hunt all seasons probably would pick the Attacks.

kiddogy

WKR
I generally wear wranglers .

I did pop for the kuiu attack pants last spring and must say ,I think they suck. they are comfortable but they sure didn't hold up for s@#t!

IMHO, duluth firehose are better and for half the price.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for old cabelas microtex. I have not found another hunting pant that breathes as well, dries as fast, as warm, and as silent. I keep looking at upgrading and look at Sitka, underarmor or xyz brand and always disappointed how noisy it is.

zacattack

WKR
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants, come in lots of sizes including tall, so far durability has not been an issue with mine, fleece lined ones are super warm, and are generally always on sale and can be bought for less than $50

Sridge

FNG
What are your favorite hunting pants and why?

My favorite are the Sitka Mountain Pant and Timberline pant.

My favorite feature is the integrated knee pads. I love that I can get them in a solid color. I wish they had a venting option to dump heat when climbing. I also really appreciate how durable the pants are.

If you tried to talk me into another pant my MUST have feature is the integrated knee pads..

Just curious what others are using, why, and what their dream pant looked like.

I'm debating a quiet, softer pant for whitetail hunting, but for everything else these pants are my proven choice.
Kuiu attacks, have a pair for about 5 yrs, patched up a bit, but great pants. prana is also a great plant.

jfs82

WKR
Tiburons, were a lifesaver for deer opener when it was 90. EB guides and attacks are also used, but the tiburons offer something the rest dont.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been wearing Zions for years and love them, but they aren't perfect. I wish they had thigh/cargo pockets on both sides and I wouldn't mind if the knees were reinforced.
Seeing lots of people really like the wranglers. Probably time I gave them a try. I just looked on their website and there are several options that are all synthetic fabric (a must for me). Which style/model are you guys using? How do they fit? I wear a 32"x34" in zions. Think the same size wrangler would fit?
Also, I don't think I see any first lite pants in the above thread of favorites. Why? Ive never owned any, but they look nice.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, I don't think I see any first lite pants in the above thread of favorites. Why? Ive never owned any, but they look nice.

my buddy has a pair of the Corrugates- nice pants, very similar to my Ascents

Kostrize

WKR
For those that have/had both the Attacks and Pro pants, how would you compare them in terms of fit, comfort, and temperature range? Does the brushed interior of the Pros feel like the Attacks? How is the cut through the thighs?

JoeDirt

WKR
“I have looked at the Wrangler pants and they seem ok, but the material I saw online says they are mostly cotton, which I prefer to stay away from”

I have several pairs of Wrangler they’re all 96% Nylon 4% Spandex they’re basically a slightly lesser material as the Prana. So make sure your looking at the right ones.

I prefer the Prana construction they seemed higher quality but they’re baggy I don’t like that.

The Eddie Bauer are legit but be warned they are a little loud once out in the silence of the timber.

Prana has a few different cuts one is a looser fit....

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider

Kutana's are lighter weight somewhat streachy although not as streachy as the attacks. They are tough as nails! A great early season pant.