Favorite Hunting Pants?

I’ve got, or have had, a lot of the pants mentioned here. I switch around a lot depending on the hunt or even what’s clean. I’m wanting to try the Kutanas because the Attacks, while comfortable, do NOT stand up to thorns; unless you don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsb

FNG
Fleece lined Eddie Bauer pants with 6 pockets are $29 at Costco now. Killer deal, love 'em for below freezing hunts. Quiet too.

First year with the stone glacier pants and I think I like them more than the timberlines. Maybe not quite as much stretch, and they are a bit thicker but being able to open the hip vents makes them more versatile. Durability seems good but haven’t really tested that in nasty stuff yet. I am really liking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are the Kutanas anything like the alpine pants? I like the alpines as long as I have at least a thin base layer on otherwise my knees sweat from the knee pads. Another question is do the pants with the waterproof seats and leg panels ( axis talus timberline) make you sweat like the knee pads do?

Warmer weather - Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pants

Colder weather - Eddie Bauer lined Guide Pro Pants

Durable and comfortable. And - a lifetime warranty. (don't abuse it)

For those that have/had both the Attacks and Pro pants, how would you compare them in terms of fit, comfort, and temperature range? Does the brushed interior of the Pros feel like the Attacks? How is the cut through the thighs?
The Attacks and Pro pants fit nearly the same. Pro pants are a little more snug in the waist, but not enough to make me go up a size. With the hip vents both pants can be worn in a variety of temps, with the pro pants being warmer because of being made from a heavier material. I have both and like both, but if I had to choose just one it would be the pro pants, mostly because of durability. I feel like I could put the Pro pants through just about anything, where as the Attacks would not hold up to abuse.

If I had to choose one it would be the Kuiu Talus pant. They are durable, waterproof in key areas, hip vents to cool you but most of all they just fit me good and are really comfortable to walk long distances.

I usually run:

Spring/Sept/Oct - Attacks
Oct/Nov/Dec - Axis (was using Guides until this year)
Rain - Dewpoints
Really cold Glassing/Camp - Uncompaghre

Like all these pants for my uses.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have too many favorites.

The four I wear the most

FL guide pants. I don't think anything dries as fast as these pants and they are TOUGH.
Kryptek Bora, very durable and fit me very well but I did have the zippers taken off the bottom.
Kuiu Talus pants. I wore these the most. I hunt in very wet grass/brush a lot and hate gaiters. These pants are super versatile with that side vent I can wear them from September to Dec.
The Axis pants took over as my late season pants over the Sitka Timberlines for one reason only the vents.

I take out the first lite sawbucks more than any other pants. Tough, quiet enough to spot and stalk coyotes, and flexible in all the right places.
do they get better after a bit of mileage/wash? just got my pair today and they look pretty loud out of the bag.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
do they get better after a bit of mileage/wash? just got my pair today and they look pretty loud out of the bag.

I washed mine with scent free soap on gentle cycle and tumble dry low as soon as they arrived. I guess it depends how loud of a walker you are? I’ve spot and stalked coyotes with them, using wind and coyote brush as cover. I’ve stalked in as close as 150 yards on both coyote and fox wearing them. There are def quieter pants out there, but these are some of the quietest pants designed for bush whacking that I’ve ever owned.

I washed mine with scent free soap on gentle cycle and tumble dry low as soon as they arrived. I guess it depends how loud of a walker you are? I’ve spot and stalked coyotes with them, using wind and coyote brush as cover. I’ve stalked in as close as 150 yards on both coyote and fox wearing them. There are def quieter pants out there, but these are some of the quietest pants designed for bush whacking that I’ve ever owned.
That’s helpful, thank you!