Favorite Index Releases

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for personal recommendations on quality index releases. Some of the releases I'm looking at are the Carter RX1, Carter Quickie 1, Spot Hogg Wise Guy, Scott Echo, and a few others. If you have used any of these I would appreciate your input and no bs review but feel free to throw in other index releases you love.

Over the past several years I have been shooting a carter 4 finger wise choice and I'll say my accuracy especially past 40 yards has been better than ever. The issue is I don't like it in hunting scenarios. Whitetail hunting from a stand it's not a big deal but hiking around the mountains it's just as pain in the a** to be carrying around. Overall I just find it inefficient, bulky, and easy to lose if you have to do a lot of hiking.

I've used the cobra moment, TruBall beast xt hybrid, and the tru-fire edge extreme and never cared for them.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a Carter rx1 for many years. Shoot a spot Hogg now And would not go back.

I shoot Carter Quickie and love it. I started with a Carter Lucky but had issues with the magnets. I now avoid magnets in hunting releases. I've never shot a Spot Hogg release.

OP
Augie

Augie

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a Carter rx1 for many years. Shoot a spot Hogg now And would not go back.
what are some of the differences that set the spot hogg ahead in your opinion?

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
Zero creep, very consistent, difficult to punch, just Feels solid to me. I like the trigger shape better, I like the fold back feature, highly adjustable, no torque on my d loop

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a Stanislawski SoleX. I’m newish to archery, so I may not be the best judge, but I like it a lot. My other release was a Scott Little Goose.

I put a lot of research into it and almost got a couple others, but I liked the overall simplicity of the SoleX compared to some others. Almost got the spott Hogg wise guy. So far I am happy with this choice though. It is adjustable. Definitely a much crisper break than the little goose roller sear.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Quickie 1 and love it. I shoot it with back tension and it breaks like a good rifle trigger.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a Stanislawski SoleX. I’m newish to archery, so I may not be the best judge, but I like it a lot. My other release was a Scott Little Goose.

I put a lot of research into it and almost got a couple others, but I liked the overall simplicity of the SoleX compared to some others. Almost got the spott Hogg wise guy. Happy with the SoleX though.

since the new scott indexes stink compared to the old scotts before the buyout I like both the spot hogg wise guy and carter quickie plus. the spot hogg i can get a little hotter (its hottest setting is too hot for me, but turned down still hotter than the carter) which is how i prefer to hunt so i prefer that one. the carter has a slight edge in crispness but both are nice.

BBob

WKR
Stan Extinction 2 w/web connect. It’s discontinued but the replacement is a Strike X which I’ll probably try at some point. Strike X hook has the hook in the same direction as most others where the Extinctions were opposite. Shot Tru-Balls for a long time and I have a couple of Carters that are good but I like the Stan better.

The Truball execution and execute are great releases with a crisp adjustable trigger. I shoot the execute for tournaments. For hunting I shoot a truefire edge because its small, light, folds back out of the way and I can anchor the best with it. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired though.

1st gen like mike. Used to shoot one that is discontinued, can't remember the name, something like lockjaw 2000. Both good releases. I also have a 4 finger insatiable that is my backup.

Stan Extinction 2 w/web connect. It’s discontinued but the replacement is a Strike X which I’ll probably try at some point. Strike X hook has the hook in the same direction as most others where the Extinctions were opposite. Shot Tru-Balls for a long time and I have a couple of Carters that are good but I like the Stan better.
I wanted to like the Stan extinction but had 2 of them and they both failed on me overtime. Started firing while I would draw. Stan sent me new ones but I went back to carter. Can’t have a release firing like that

Carter RX2, for about 13 years. Sure wish they still made them, would love a few more just in case.

BBob

WKR
I wanted to like the Stan extinction but had 2 of them and they both failed on me overtime. Started firing while I would draw. Stan sent me new ones but I went back to carter. Can’t have a release firing like that
I haven't had any issues after I figured out what I thought was a problem similar to yours. My issue that initially appeared as a misfire was with the reverse hook and the way I put my index finger behind the trigger when I drew. When I drew the bow I inadvertently rotated the head and the hook off the loop causing what looked like a misfire. I at first thought the release went off and I then messed with the sear and weight to attempt to stop it. Misfired a second time and a light went on and figured it out. What was confusing was the sear was tripped each time making it look like the sear misfired but it had not, it was likely tripped in the chaos of the "misfire". My solution was I had to change the way I held the head when drawing. I now use my second finger and thumb to hold it to keep it from rotating while drawing. No more "misfires" even with a really crisp sear setting.

The two new releases from Stan with standard hook directions should eliminate the issue I had.

TheTone

WKR
I’ve shot a Carter 2 shot for a close to 20 years. I’ve been thinking of picking up and rx1 or like Mike 2 to try out the open hook design