Favorite item in your daily rations?

TheGDog

WKR
Got introduced to Honey Stinger Waffles! One of my indulgences are squeezable flavored applesauce packs! And for the hike-out always a MET-Rx 100 bar so I'll be sharp and won't have to stop before the truck.

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Honey Stinger Waffles and a cup of To Go peanut butter are hard to beat.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana protein shakes might top them though.

5 Tbl powdered peanut butter
4 Tbl Nido milk powder
4 Tbl Chocolate protein powder
1 Tbl powdered banana (I freeze dry my own)
Optional 100 mg caffeine powder if intended for breakfast

I mix all the ingredients together and seal in vacuum seal bags. Powder will last forever in storage this way. Mix with about 24 ounces of water in Nalgene when ready for a meal. Shake like hell and enjoy

OP
Mitten32

Mitten32

WKR
I really like the Perfect Bars as well. Thinking about packing some this year. Do you have any trouble with them not being refrigerated in mid September Colorado temps?
They can get a little soft during the hot days but typically harden up at night when it gets cool. The packaging says keep refrigerated but I've never had them spoil on me on me over the course of 7 days.

twall13

WKR
Honey Stinger waffles (especially strawberry and vanilla flavors), Bobo bars, Heather's choice Packaroons, and Baby Bell cheese.

I also like a small bag of gummy bears as a quick energy source/pick me up.

I can't stomach most power bars, etc. for more than a day or so but the items above I can eat every day for a week long trip and not ever feel like I'm forcing them down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Mitten32

Mitten32

WKR
Honey Stinger waffles (especially strawberry and vanilla flavors), Bobo bars, Heather's choice Packaroons, and Baby Bell cheese.

I also like a small bag of gummy bears as a quick energy source/pick me up.

I can't stomach most power bars, etc. for more than a day or so but the items above I can eat every day for a week long trip and not ever feel like I'm forcing them down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalkb
Baby bell cheese is a good call. I'll have to pack some of those this year!

Drenalin

WKR
I recently found Sahale Snacks - their maple pecan mix is pretty amazing. It's pecans, walnuts, and barely noticeable little chunks of apples and cherries. So far, I like it by itself, mixed in oatmeal, or mixed with granola and other dried fruits as a trail mix. Strong maple flavor.

+1 for the Honey Stinger waffles and Peanut butter. I’ve also done the same with Larry’s&Lennys protein cookies and it was great.

I also usually pack some Sour patch kids or airhead soft chews. Not a lot but a few sure hits the spot.

Pro953

WKR
They can get a little soft during the hot days but typically harden up at night when it gets cool. The packaging says keep refrigerated but I've never had them spoil on me on me over the course of 7 days.

I looked this up on the website a while back as I love them as well. Like Mitten said, they go soft but but still good. Here is the link to all the info from perfect. Essentially it says you are good to go.

I will add Swedish fish and or jolly ranchers are must have glassing candy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzby

WKR
Creamy chicken ramen, mixed with a sweet and spicy tuna packet. Straight up comfort food for me. Especially on a cold day.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
my "secret weapon" are Fritos- a ton of calories for the weight AND they taste good, yes salty but racking up miles in the mountains your body is begging for salt- mine is anyways :D

sweets- lemon covered almonds from Sconza (sold at Costco)- also calorie dense and taste oh so good!