Favorite item in your daily rations?

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been craving sweet stuff since I got out here hunting with my truck camp. I made basically magic cookie bars with fewer choc. chips, more nuts and oatmeal thrown in. Kept in the cooler they hit the spot. Also those sweet banana chips in with the mixed nuts. And nectarines.

How did you like these? Do you have any other recommendations? Thanks
They’re good. A little too sugary for me but it will be perfect at the end of a long day of hunting in sleet and snow. The bacon is much higher quality than the other shelf stable stuff I’ve tried.

For meat snacks I eat a lot of Landjagers.

batesdc

FNG
Everyone has that one food item, drink mix, coffee, etc. that can be an immediate pick me up during hunt.

For me its these three:
Perfect peanut butter bar
Peak refuel beef pasta marinara
Bobo bar lemon poppy seed flavor

What are yours?
Honey Stingers and jerky

Holocene

WKR
#1 = Gummy bears

#2 = Often I hunt out of a small tourist town that has a fantastic bakery. I buy a mini baguette from there, split it open with my skinning knife, and load it up with sliced brie, some sort of cured meat (salami, prosciutto, etc.), and Maile dijon mustard. Re-wrap and stuff in my pack. This sandwich cost the same as a Mountain House, is real food, and taste stunningly good up on the mountain. Will last 2-3 days easy in a pack so usually I'll make two.

#3 = Honey stingers

manitou1

WKR
Coffee
Ramen
Spam singles
Cheese/sausage sticks
Some form of fruit chews/gummie bears
These are quick, easy " pick-me-ups" for me.

twall13

WKR
i pack homemade fruit lather with plum and strawberry being my favorite and then ritz crackers and peanut butter.
We made fruit leather with some plums from our tree a few years ago and it was everyone's favorite. Not a big enough harvest to do it again last year but I'm hoping to do it again this year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk