Favorite late season Sitka jacket?

Thinking about going with the jetstream or possibly the kelvin active jacket. Any opinions?

Marketer2

FNG
I tried on the Jetstream today and the traverse. I actually like the traverse better with the fleece inside but I see nothing but awesome reviews on the Jetstream so I’m really torn. May just have to buy both. Lol.

I have used a jetstream for a couple of years. It is a mid level insulated soft shell. Like mine and wear it a lot but it needs extra insulation for cold temps. Say much below 40.

The kelvin active is a nice very light puffy. Breathes well. Going to have durability issues if you bust brush.

The traverse zip t is like a heavyweight core with an outer layer that sheds a bit of rain and wind. I really like mine. Very quiet. I wish it had a hood.

The traverse hoodie is a bit of a different animal. It is the same outer material as the zip t. Not as weather resistant as the jet stream but OK and breathes well. The Berber fleece is cozy as hell. I actually bought one in black last year and liked it so much I bought a subalpine one for this year. Worn it a couple of times so far. Only knock against it is weight and bulk. There are probably lighter options that I would reach for if I were trying to go light that are warmer for their weight. Apart from that, I really like mine.

Last edited:
Jetstream literally can't beat it as a outer layer in cold dry conditions

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kelvin active and jetstream serve different purposes. Kelvin active is made to breathe well (read “wind cuts through it”) and jetstream is a lightly insulated wind shell.