Favorite meal replacement bars???

I use greenbelly for a meal replacement all the other bars mentioned here I use as a snack. Dark chocolate/banana one is my favorite. They taste ok just make sure you have lots of water to go with.

NMframed

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Lara bars but for me they’re a snack not a meal replacement. They are kind of pricey tho.

Just got back from a 4 day backpacking/scouting trip and ate oatmeal for breakfast(1 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon powdered milk, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped pecans, 1 tablespoon flax seed, 1/4 cup freeze dried blueberries prepackaged boil water and it’s ready in 5 minutes.) For lunch I did chipotle flavored tuna packet rolled up in a tortilla or a peanut butter, honey, and bacon sandwich(make these with toast and they will last a week and taste great). Dinner was fresh trout and ramen or a Trailtopia(tried these instead of MH and really like them, chili Mac and Cajun smack chicken were both really good). In between meals is where I eat a Lara bar or cliff Bar. I also like to carry a few peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower butter packets for a quick snack and some banana chips.

I don’t like to be hungry. I’m 6’1” weigh 170 and have a fast metabolism so I have to try and eat a nutrient dense snack every hour to keep my energy level up.

iriebra

Lil-Rokslider
Quest Bars - use at home as a supplemental or while backcountry with a good protein to carb ratio; usually go with a variety pack for a array of good flavors

HoneyDew

WKR
ProBar is my favorite. You can buy a variety pack On amazon and give the different flavors a try. My favorites are banana nut bread, chocolate coconut, oatmeal chocolate chip, almond cashew crunch, super fruit slam. I eat them year round for breakfast and to hold me over on the go. They also have a tiny coconut almond snack bar (Probite) that I like for hiking and other times but it’s not a meal.

bwtitus

FNG
I'm generally eating Cliff Bars, those flavored Tuna packets, and a mix of other (GU packets, granola, trailmix, snickers, etc) for lunch when I don't want to pack a stove for ramen. My cousin is sold on "Battle Bars" and I had one that definitely gave me a kickstart packing my bear out this year, also tasted really good.

I'm not a nutritionist, but comparing their K-Bar to the Probars, it has more protien and fewer fats, carbs, and sugars. For whatever thats worth.

Squamch

WKR
I really like the Lara bars but for me they’re a snack not a meal replacement. They are kind of pricey tho.

Just got back from a 4 day backpacking/scouting trip and ate oatmeal for breakfast(1 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon powdered milk, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/4 cup chopped pecans, 1 tablespoon flax seed, 1/4 cup freeze dried blueberries prepackaged boil water and it’s ready in 5 minutes.) For lunch I did chipotle flavored tuna packet rolled up in a tortilla or a peanut butter, honey, and bacon sandwich(make these with toast and they will last a week and taste great). Dinner was fresh trout and ramen or a Trailtopia(tried these instead of MH and really like them, chili Mac and Cajun smack chicken were both really good). In between meals is where I eat a Lara bar or cliff Bar. I also like to carry a few peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower butter packets for a quick snack and some banana chips.

I don’t like to be hungry. I’m 6’1” weigh 170 and have a fast metabolism so I have to try and eat a nutrient dense snack every hour to keep my energy level up.

I'm in the same boat, except I've worked my ass off, consuming an extra 2400 calories a day and weight lifting to get up to 178lbs. One of my hunting partners will eat a clif bar and a cup of coffee and be good to go for 6 hours. I need a couple instant oatmeal packets, with some PB mixed in, and continue to feed the machine every hour or so, or I get all wobbly and pukey feeling.
I don't think that 3 oatmeal packets, and a jif to go cup weigh a whole lot more than a bar, and warm food on a cold morning....just ain't bad! A bar or 2 during the day is fine though.

TheGDog

WKR
MET-Rx BIG 100 - Crispy Apple Pie. Used to do the Peanut-Butter Pretzel one. But I get Acid easy, and Peanut Butter is a for sure an Acid trigger for me. The Apple seems to do much less. And less of a melty situation in Hot Temps for the Apple. Plus like the flavor better too. Also do Clif Bar Blueberry Crisp. And of course Honey Stingers.

Still go with Clif bars here. I rarely skip breakfast in the mountains, but then I am a fan of breakfast. When I do skip meals, it's a Clif bar along with some trail mix and jerky until it's time for a hot meal at the end of the day's hunt.

Once I discovered Spam singles, I see no reason to skip lunch anymore. I can take some flat bread and a Spam single and a handful of trial mix (with chocolate or M&M's mixed in it) and make a quick lunch while I'm glassing. Takes me less than a minute to grab that from my pack and make a sandwich.

stvnshnn

Lil-Rokslider
Greenbelly are pretty good. Have you given much thought to doing something you make yourself?

OP
D

DocGlenn

FNG
Don’t think making them is in the cards for me. Went by the grocery store on Friday and stocked up. Got a little bit of everything that looked decent. 😂. Planning on Mt House for breakfast and dinner, and probably three assorted bars, nuts, cheese, and a candy bar to make it through the day.
373C9BFE-A920-4990-B63F-6A0D5512DEB5.jpeg