Favorite Mechanical Broadhead ?

Pigskin

FNG
I tried the NAP killzone this year, it left big holes but I didn’t like it when it hit a large bone.

satchamo

WKR
SIK SK2 is a relatively new option to the market but I’ve been very impressed with them. They use a plastic clip to retain the blades so no opening in your quiver and they’ve served me well on 4 deer already.

I’ve killed a ton of animals with a Swhaker and bought a ton a few years ago at a fantastic price.

I am interested in the Rage Hypodermic +P NC that is out this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoDaky

WKR
Don't use them much but have had positive results on deer and turkeys with 125 Vortex,1.5 Rage Hypos and Trypans.
Awesome bloodtrails with the Trypans.bloodtrail.JPG

I love the rage extreme that are the hybrids!! Blew through my mule deer buck last year and put him down quickly!!

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
The 2.3 rage extreme leave a vicious hole and lots of blood on the ground. I’m shooting small bodied Georgia deer and they are awesome for that. For Midwest deer and pigs I prefer the 1 3/8” grim reaper, hypodermic or the trypan. But I also like fixed blades. Slick truck mags, shuttle T’s, exodus are some that I have used. I’m an equal opportunity impaler. But the best blood trails I’ve seen have come from the extremes.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Hypodermic NC for me. Always have been skeptical of rage and tried to hypo nc's last season and was very happy with them. Also tried the Sevr 1.5" but they just weren't for me. Just not a fan of the blades pivoting near the point of the broadhead.

fatlander

WKR
Grim reaper is a great mech. I like rage trypans but hate the collars. If they made a trypan with no collar they would be the real winner in my opinion.

SIK SK2 is a relatively new option to the market but I’ve been very impressed with them. They use a plastic clip to retain the blades so no opening in your quiver and they’ve served me well on 4 deer already.
Have you noticed any noise when shooting the SK2? I bought some SK2's and F4's andrecently tested them. I noticed a slight whistle when shooting the sk2. I havent taken any follow up shots until I get more clips, but did want to ask if you put any nail polish or anything on the clips, or have noticed a noise.

satchamo

WKR
Have you noticed any noise when shooting the SK2? I bought some SK2's and F4's andrecently tested them. I noticed a slight whistle when shooting the sk2. I havent taken any follow up shots until I get more clips, but did want to ask if you put any nail polish or anything on the clips, or have noticed a noise.

I haven’t noticed it badly but I also shoot iron wills and they hiss so maybe I’m just used to it?

xcutter

WKR
Had good luck with Rage chizel tip heads in the past. Trying Sevr 125 grain 1.5's and really liking them this year. Only killed one doe so far but looks like brand new after hitting the spine. I'm impressed.

Pramo

WKR
I've always had great luck with Rage Hypodermics, killed a few deer and 1 cow with a Sevr 2.1 heads and they work but I'm not crazy about them if a blade were to break. At least if a hypo did not open you still have a 1 inch cut going through

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I really liked the Ulmer Edge and have had a lot of success with whitetails and mule deer. Never had a rubber band fail on me. I'm interested in the SEVR heads when I run through the last pack of Edges. Keeping an .050 hex with you is easier to reset the blades than that funny little blue tool when you are in the field.

Shoot

FNG
Good ol' wasp jackhammers work well and are still $30 for 3. Grimreapers also work well. I stay way from leg bones with either.

On deer I have had great success with the grim reaper whitetail special.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk