Favorite mid layer hoodie

JStol5

WKR
Haven't seen a thread about this in a while- looking to upgrade my mid layer hoody. I use a cheap cabela's hoodie and I'm looking for something higher quality and warmer. Eying a sitka heavyweight, kuiu something (not as familiar with their mid layer options), or a firstlite klamath. Want something with a camouflage pattern. Thank you.

Sadler

WKR
I really like the Sitka heavyweight but am looking for something with polartec alpha direct in it. There’s a thread called “your second layer?” You should check out. Good info in there

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
Might be worth checking the new hoody First Lite just came out with, the "Origin Hoody" (which is really just a copy of the Sitka Fanatic Hoody).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuckybmd

WKR
One of the best articles of clothing I own.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I’m planning on buying a few myself to find out. I’m generally pretty happy with the black ovis stuff. Eyeing the nwt heavyweight keele with the zipper chest pocket. Love having my phone out of my pant pockets so that feature is a must.

92xj

WKR
I’m really enjoying my Fayettechill grid fleece, much more than my first lite. I have not put it on a backcountry hunt, but have some plenty of day hikes and around town stuff. Performs as a grid fleece should and sourced/made in good ol USA for the same price as all the china stuff listed above.

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
My wife bought me a FL Sawtooth Hybrid for my birthday and so far I like it a lot. I’ve only had it since the end of December but so far so good. I really like that the pockets are higher and I can completely access them with my pack on. I would definitely go up a size though as suggested on their site. I also have the FL Klamath which I like, but the sleeves seem real long. I would also suggest checking out the new FL Origin hoody as mentioned above.

schmalzy

WKR
Sitka heavyweight is my current favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KUIU strong fleece hybrid 280. Retired the peloton 240 after purchasing this hoody last year.
Tell me more. I live in the 240 from September-December. It flexes anywhere I need it, has a usable hood and is slim enough to shoot a bow and wear under outer layers. What it also does is cut the wind, and that's something most other comparable hoodies can not do. Legit DWR coating too.

But I'd like to hear why you prefer the 280 as I've never had my hands on it.

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Sitka heavyweight but am looking for something with polartec alpha direct in it. There’s a thread called “your second layer?” You should check out. Good info in there
I run mainly sitka, but like trying new gear, have you looked at beyond clothing?

Sadler

WKR
I run mainly sitka, but like trying new gear, have you looked at beyond clothing?
I was issued a bunch of their stuff a couple years ago. Puffy jackets, pants, hard and soft shells. Does great while snowmobiling and hiking but I’ve never really tested it’s limits.

OP
J

JStol5

WKR
Tell me more. I live in the 240 from September-December. It flexes anywhere I need it, has a usable hood and is slim enough to shoot a bow and wear under outer layers. What it also does is cut the wind, and that's something most other comparable hoodies can not do. Legit DWR coating too.

But I'd like to hear why you prefer the 280 as I've never had my hands on it.
How’s the sizing on the 240? Would you say it’s true to size for what you wear in a T shirt, or go up a size?