Favorite outer layer for wind during mid season ?

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
That's not the peloton 240 or Klamath? Or maybe I should ditch my merino layers cause for me, wind cut right through the peloton. Thinking stratus jacket? But would love more.options. I mean there are so many choices from everyone that it's confusing but seems this is an area where no one makes anything.... Central Alabama tree stand hunting. With a sporadic trip here and there out west

mlgc20

WKR
Midseason, I pretty much always have my Kuiu Yukon jacket on. It’s a hard shell. So, I’m covered for rain or wind. But, it breathes and stretches like a soft shell. The Yukon jacket is so versatile. It really simplified my clothing strategy.

excaliber

WKR
A nice quiet soft shell with a wind barrier would be perfect for those temps. A hood would be nice too.
With a good base layer on top and bottom you could do that with just about any type of pants or top layer.
Do you need to blend in well so as to not get busted?
Predator Fall Brown was the ticket for stand hunting back in the day. I wish they still made that pattern in todays garments.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Kutana Softshell is another great jacket, sitting out tonight with 50’s, light wind with the Klamath and soft shell, Its a good amount of warmth.

TravisN

FNG
I ran the Sitka Mountain jacket last year. When it arrived, I was a little disappointed by how thin/light it was, but in the field it was awesome. Blocks the wind great and I didn't get clammy at all, plus it's quiet. With a mid-weight wool shirt underneath, it kept me warm enough while hiking to just below freezing, but I didn't feel the need to take it off until temps got to high 50s.