Favorite Photo Editor App

AndySee

FNG
I've been getting into photography a lot more and realizing that I definitely need a better photo editor to make up for my lack of camera skills. I've got a windows computer, so what is your favorite photo editor software? Preferreably free or nearly so

Wapiti1

WKR
GIMP, and Darktable are free ones that I have used.

GIMP is equivalent to the full Adobe Photoshop, just as annoying to use, and has some odd workflow quirks that you need to learn. But it is free, and once you get the hang of it, it is very good. Its mostly annoying because it is developed by both Europeans and Americans, so the interfaces aren't always intuitive.

Darktable is easier to use, and good for most photo needs like contrast adjustment, highlight recovery, shadow recovery, etc.

Jeremy

I’ve had great luck with photo shop express on the iPhone, it’s free in the App Store, I’m unsure if you can download it free on desktop-but it would be worth a look.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
I use Lightroom on my phone, its a free app that I use to mess with phone pics

For my other stuff, I shoot in RAW so I use 2 programs for those. I use RawTherapee to get pics how I like and then convert to JPEG, and if I still want to do some edits, I'll plug the JPEG into GIMP. GIMP won't process RAW files on its own. But like Wapiti said, it's a very good program once you figure out it's quirks. Youtube has some great videos to get you going