Favorite Podcast

I picked up the Alaska DIY podcast from this thread, tons of great info. But the last podcast was in April 2019. Anyone have any ideas why it stopped?

Someone who sells hunt plans to a part of the state that he's never harvested an animal in rubs me the wrong way. Anyhow, my guess would be that he hasn't done one in awhile because he's run out of content.

And rumor is, he's stated he is no longer a hunter.

Last edited:

Tradguy

FNG
The non hunting ones I like are:
Disgraceland (messed up stories about musicians/musical groups)
Hell and Gone (murder/unsolved cases)
Insomniac (murder/unsolved cases)
Armchair Expert w/ Dax Shepard (Even though he's a liberal, there some that are entertaining. Like Joe Rogan, gotta pick through the people you are interested in)
Conan O'Brian Needs a Friend (gotta pick through them)
Joe Rogan

Hell and Gone is a great podcast, I've spent a lot of time in that area growing up and hunting. Another good one like that is Bardstown, makes you mad listening to it as one of the supposed guilty party still is living free in the community.

Meateater, Hunt Talk, Elk Talk, Nock On, Kifarucast, Eastman's Elevated, Hunt For Real and The Rich Outdoors prior to patreon (too much free content available for me to pay). I used to listen to Gritty, but I find it really boring now.

One really cool episode is the Dax Shepard Dog the Bounty Hunter episode. Not a huge fan of his podcast, but this one is great!

Someone who sells hunt plans to a part of the state that he's never harvested an animal in rubs me the wrong way. Anyhow, my guess would be that he hasn't done one in awhile because he's run out of content.

And rumor is, he's stated he is no longer a hunter.

Does he comment on the game in his podcast?

On the other ones I've heard him on he just give options on how to get there.

Moving to Alaska to guide to non hunter wow. Idk have to look into this.
Well anything I can learn how to get my happy ass on a Caribou hunt I'll take.

mtnkid85

WKR
I spend a lot of time driving and sitting alone in my office. I burn through a ton of podcast. What are your all time favorites? All topics not just hunting podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I listen to a lot of podcasts as well.
Of course Joe Rogans stuff, you need to pick and choose what your interested in because he does a lot of stuff.
Meateater is always good.
Dan Carlins hardcore history and hardcore history addendum are absolutely fantastic if you even remotely care at all about history, seriously one of the best.
Radio lab has some good ones.
Car talk, my wife enjoys this one too (which is kinda rare) Click and clack are always good for a laugh
BHA podcast and blast, they have some good interviews

I can't stand the podcasts that are a bunch of friends sitting around bullshitting. If Im listening to a podcast I want to learn something not hear about some one else's hunt.

WKR
Car talk, my wife enjoys this one too (which is kinda rare) Click and clack are always good for a laugh
I used to listen to that show on NPR all the time with my dad in AK. Not a lot of options for radio. Didnt know they were still around, subscribing now!

wesfromky

WKR
Couple that might not have been mentioned yet:

Wild fed (and his old podcast - rewild yourself)
Cleared hot
Be Legendary (Sornex)
Vortex Nation
Drifting with JT Van Zandt
Dissect podcast (Mark Twight and crew)
Hands and Daylight (origin)

Others
Kifarucast
Rogan
nock-on
Wired to hunt
Jocko
Meateater
Hunting public
Hunting collective

Built to Hunt - by the Huntin' Fool guys
Got Game Tech - the Elknut app guys
Ben Shapiro show
The Bowhunting Montana Podcast
Elkshape Podcast
Bear Hunting magazine
And several others previously mentioned.

Listened to The Rich Outdoors since the beginning until he went the Patreon route. Sucks because he's one of the better podcasters out there.

What's interesting is some people get a Podcast and they assume that they're so important that people will tune in to hear them BSing about nothing. If I'm tuning in I'd like to learn something otherwise it's a waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the best podcast platform for Android? Currently using podbean but don't really like it and want to make a switch

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Apex_Hunt

FNG
Im sure that this is already on the thread but Remi Warrens "cutting the distance" is a great informative podcast from one of the best knowledgable people in the industry!

I mean depends on your interests. Mine are hunting, oil, and golf so...

meateater
Cal’s week
cutting the distance
Lonestar outdoors show
Born and Raised
Foreplay by Barstool
Spittin chicklets
Chasing Scratch
Erik Anders Lang
Golf Underground
Texas Oil and Gas
Bring in the closers
Energy week

mtnkid85

WKR
I used to listen to that show on NPR all the time with my dad in AK. Not a lot of options for radio. Didnt know they were still around, subscribing now!
One of the brothers passed away so the other one finally retired, the podcast is just all the old shows. But they are still great.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the “Your Mountain “ podcast is one of my favorites.
Deals a lot with the legal issues involved in conservation.

Doghed

WKR
Another +1 for Hardcore History.

I haven't listened to many podcasts yet, but my wife put on 'Supernova in The East' a couple weeks back and it was very good. Carlin makes great connections and uses context really well.

I'm always turning the volume up or down on him. When he reads a quote or a passage, he speaks loudly, but when he's delivering his own thoughts its like he's talking to himself off the cuff. Kinda funny.

Wrench

WKR
I've got through pretty much all of those listed....but if you want to hear something that will spark you to change how you look at challenge.....I suggest,

MFCEO and I'd start with the "win the day" episode .

He doesn't sell stuff and it's more about how to challenge yourself in life. I've listened to several now and only one was not completely interesting to me.