Favorite Podcast

I enjoy listening to Kifaru if Aaron is leading it. The most recent upload they have is hilarious. Yes, its a lot of shit talking, but its true and stuff that needs to be said. Its REFRESHING to listen to some guys that don't give a shit about hurting someone else's feelings.

I enjoy elk talk and back country also, but hard to beat Kifaru with Aaron on the mic. I'd like to drink a beer or two with that guy.

Same here. I've tried Kifarucast 3 or 4 times because the subject matter they cover is interesting, but it always sounds like the hosts can't find many of the words they want and revert to some variety of the F bomb as a filler. Very tiring to listen to.

Steve on Meateater is thoughtful and articulate, but I do wonder how much of his content is now dictated by Pete Chernin.

Alaska DIY is pretty good, but they have relatively few episodes.

I've been pretty curious about this too, unless I heard wrong the TSD Kifarucast was claiming that there was a 2nd Chernin payout made to take full creative control of Meateater...if Chernin has final say in the content he was definitely out of town for the latest podcast though.

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Matt and mattingly’s ice cream social
Tasteless gentlemen
Meateater
JRE
Louder with crowder

many more but these are my top 5

OXN939

WKR
I've been pretty curious about this too, unless I heard wrong the TSD Kifarucast was claiming that there was a 2nd Chernin payout made to take full creative control of Meateater...if Chernin has final say in the content he was definitely out of town for the latest podcast though.

The TSD guys were pretty funny. Truly a ZFG group of dudes. Whether or not there was a second payment from Chernin to Meateater, I think it's safe to assume that their content is now censored pretty heavily. Would love to hear what their side of the story is, but won't be holding my breath.

AlaskaEd

WKR
“Tundra Talk” is pretty good, especially if you enjoy true Alaskan hunting. It’s done by one of the best hunters in Alaska, and a genuinely good dude.

“Live to Hunt and Fish” is another good one. He has episodes with all types of hunting and fishing related experts. He had me on to chat about my solo TMA sheep hunt (I’m no expert, I just met him prior to that trip). Great guy.

Hands down the podcast I enjoy the most is the Jay Scott podcast.

Others I enjoy (no particular order)
Kifarucast
Cutting the Distance
Jocko
Nock On
Tundra Talk
Cleared Hot
Meateater
The Daily
Rokcast
Sam Harris
Harcore History
Rogan on occassion

coyoteman

FNG
Kifarucast is probably my favorite with tundra talk being a close second...I enjoy the podcast actually starting right away and not 10 minutes of sponsor pimping. I do also listen and enjoy many of the others that have been mentioned. Meateater?...meh...can take em or leave em I guess.

Kifarucast is probably my favorite with tundra talk being a close second...I enjoy the podcast actually starting right away and not 10 minutes of sponsor pimping. I do also listen and enjoy many of the others that have been mentioned. Meateater?...meh...can take em or leave em I guess.
that is what that little 30 second jump ahead button is for in the bottom...i hit it about ten times on most podcasts now until i hear the actual conversation start.

Hiltz

FNG
The non hunting ones I like are:
Disgraceland (messed up stories about musicians/musical groups)
Hell and Gone (murder/unsolved cases)
Insomniac (murder/unsolved cases)
Armchair Expert w/ Dax Shepard (Even though he's a liberal, there some that are entertaining. Like Joe Rogan, gotta pick through the people you are interested in)
Conan O'Brian Needs a Friend (gotta pick through them)
Joe Rogan

I like the first Hell and Gone but the second one was an extreme stretch. I'm from Arkansas and familiar with these places and stores so that makes it a little more interesting. Have you tried Bear Brook?

Billinsd

WKR
Is there such a thing as an earbud controller to fast forward? Most podcasts are mostly fluff. Is there a way to troll through efficiently for gold nuggets?

Is there such a thing as an earbud controller to fast forward? Most podcasts are mostly fluff. Is there a way to troll through efficiently for gold nuggets?

On podbean I find if I use the same controls on my bluetooth headphones I would use to skip to the next/previous song it just skips ahead/back in the podcast 30 seconds.

BowTrout

FNG
Here are the ones that I am into.

Kifaru cast
Unashamed- Phil Robertson
Nock on
Joe Rogan
Three of Seven

SloMoPete

FNG
I'll add a couple I haven't seen yet -

10 Minute Podcast - three friends/professional comedians making fun of each other, its stupid and hilarious. Early episodes are my favorite.

King and the Sting - basically one great comedian (Theo Von) making fun of his cohost. Also stupid and hilarious.