Favorite Podcast

Jdh3

FNG
For those interested in habitat management - Natural Resources University has quite a few podcasts across a few different conservation topics.

Also, the new Bear Grease podcast is really enjoyable. Clay Newcomb is a great storyteller.

Will_m

WKR
For those interested in habitat management - Natural Resources University has quite a few podcasts across a few different conservation topics.

Also, the new Bear Grease podcast is really enjoyable. Clay Newcomb is a great storyteller.
Something about the very measured way that he speaks is kind of off putting for me. Also, how many spin offs can meat eater do??

Jdh3

FNG
Something about the very measured way that he speaks is kind of off putting for me. Also, how many spin offs can meat eater do??
I agree on the spin offs, meateater is great but some of their others aren’t my favorites

Btaylor

WKR
Clay had been doing Bear Hunting Magazine and podcast long before he affiliated with Meateater. The new podcast is mostly him just picking up where he left off.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I consistently listen to around fifty podcasts, majority of which are already listed. I’ll add in a few that I didn’t see posted already:

The “What is Money?” Podcast - fascinating account of what money is and where it’s going. It’s Austrian economics and Bitcoin related

Deer University - a podcast/class put on by MSU about deer management

Economics for Business - I’m a big fan of Hunter Hastings. This is all about entrepreneurship.

Lex Fridman Podcast - I saw this one listed once already, but have been enjoying it so much that I thought it should be restated. Imagine Joe Rogan, but Joe is smart enough to ask in depth questions from the guest and actually comprehend the answers. Assortment of topics

Mule Deer Foundation/Talking Mule Deer Podcast - good, quick podcasts on mule deer

Economics Detective Radio - great podcast with a lot of different guests (mostly doctorates in economics). Subject matter is very current as he often interviews authors of recently released white papers and books

Hold These Truths with Dan Crenshaw - I’m very libertarian, but he’s one of the few politicians of a main stream party I can stand. Lots of guests on energy and healthcare topics, which I enjoy

The Human Action Podcast - my favorite economics podcast. Ran by Jeff Deist of the Mises Institute at Auburn (so obviously another Austrian economics podcast), the episodes generally revolve around books that were written by Mises, Hoppe, Rothbard, Hazlitt, etc. Also has episodes with modern publications from all sorts of economics authors and businessmen

The Portal - I’m surprised this one hasn’t been mentioned. Eric Weinstein interviews all sorts of people. If you can stomach and understand him and get past the interruptions, he has some really interesting guests and asks excellent questions.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
A couple good ones that haven't been mentioned.

The Survival Podcast: Homesteading, business, permaculture, prepping, politics

Propaganda Report: news of the day with the angle of looking at the propaganda spin. Been spot on with Covid.

Wealthsteading Podcast: good takes and advice on investing

Talkin' Baseball: just for fun, gotta lighten it up sometimes!

Inward Empire: Dan Carlin style long form history podcast. Very well done

Martyr Made: same as above. Excellent series on the history of the nation of Israel.

BCsteve

WKR
All of the MeatEater network, Free Range American, Gritty Bowman every once in awhile, Joe Rogan, Vortex Nation, Passed Gas, Jocko, Team Never Quit is pretty good.

I drive for a living and these will usually fill up the week lol
I like Vortex Nation for the content but I can’t tell if the hosts are that stupid or just their style where one says something wrong for the other to correct him and get the point across. “There’s two kinds of bullets, cup and core and bonded bullets like the Barnes TTSX”. “Actually Jim, the Barnes TTSX is not a bonded bullet but a mono metal bullet.” “I did not know that!” 🙄

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
Tundra Talk
Meateater
Backcountry Hunting Podcast
Hunt Backcountry
Beyond the Kill

KBC

WKR
Hey what podcast app are you guys using on iPhone? Since the latest software update I find the apple podcast app a huge pain in the junk.

Kilboars

WKR
Hey what podcast app are you guys using on iPhone? Since the latest software update I find the apple podcast app a huge pain in the junk.

Yeah, I never update the phone or apps until I have to. They never to seem to be a benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk