Favorite post-pack out beer

4ckb

FNG
As an eastern whitetail hunter, packing out means driving the ATV up to a field dressed deer, loading it up, driving it to the truck, and transferring it to the truck bed. That said, when that's all done, I'm digging around for an ice cold Busch light!

Lots of heavy and depressing shit on the internet these days, including here on RS. So let’s lighten things up a bit.

What’s your favorite just got to the truck after a gnarly heavy pack out dig around the bottom of the cooler beer?

I’ll go first, I like a lot of different beers especially some local New Mexico IPAs or Pale Ales. But I’m reaching for a Colorado Kool-Aid (Coors light.)
Miller high life bottle

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not picky. Cold and refreshing. With that said- coors light or Busch light usually .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 473875gotta love the Cold Snack, and the Buschhhhh Latte!

View attachment 473875gotta love the Cold Snack, and the Buschhhhh Latte!
After seeing this, I got curious about the Montucky Cold snack. Being from Kentucky and it combining Kentucky and Montana, two of the greatest states in the union, I had to give it a try.
Finally picked up a half a case to give it a try. It's no Buschhh but mighty dang tasty.
Thanks @mnhoundman

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
After seeing this, I got curious about the Montucky Cold snack. Being from Kentucky and it combining Kentucky and Montana, two of the greatest states in the union, I had to give it a try.
Finally picked up a half a case to give it a try. It's no Buschhh but mighty dang tasty.
Thanks @mnhoundman
You bet! Kinda hard to find around here so I always bring some back from Montana. Also tastes alot better out there!!

dtrkyman

WKR
If I had to have beer it would be root beer! I do not drink alchohol and rarely soda/pop.

Whisky

WKR
I don't discriminate, at all.
That said, you can be certain there will always be Hamms and Busch Lite in our coolers. Whatever else makes the journey is subject to change.
ab150bd6ce663969bdbcd507f4891d16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Bud or Coors light. Maybe Dos Equis. I'm usually dehydrated and shouldn't be drinking alcohol. So, I stick to low power beers.

The real post pack out celebration is the heart sliced, seasoned and either grilled or pan seared along with a glass of good tequila (no specific brand, lots of good ones) or bottle of red zin. This typically happens once back home since my wife really likes heart.

Jeremy

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
Bud or Coors light. Maybe Dos Equis. I'm usually dehydrated and shouldn't be drinking alcohol. So, I stick to low power beers.

The real post pack out celebration is the heart sliced, seasoned and either grilled or pan seared along with a glass of good tequila (no specific brand, lots of good ones) or bottle of red zin. This typically happens once back home since my wife really likes heart.

Jeremy
But,,,,,beer makes a good recovery drink after the workout of getting gear and animal packed out fo the woods.

Had a friend come help me pack out last day buck in an area he showed me. He was not hunting that season and came out for some fresh air. He had some Crankyanker IPA s from Eddyline brewery. First rime I ever had that delicious beer and now every time I see it I think of that day. One of my favorite hunting pics. Thanks J!

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 14
Beer: 1554, KBS

Bourbon: Four Roses Singel Barrel

Scotch: Lately I've enjoyed Dalmore 15, Balvenie 12 DW

But, I don't bring ETOH hunting, so if it's cold I make hot coffee at the truck and that really hits the spot!