Favorite Posts About Hunting Spots

npm352

WKR
My favorite posts on this site and others are all the same...they go like this:

OP (usually 1st post): "hey everyone...new member, longtime lurker...hey, anyone know where to hunt (x) in this unit in (x) state?"

(Without fail, almost everyone has at least one of these responses. )

RESPONDER: " I live in/near that unit, the wolves are thick, the game is scarce, you'll probably only see does and cows if you're lucky" (then comes my favorite part) "I've been hunting it for the last ten years and just because it is what I know....I'm looking for a new unit"

Do people think that little of everyone else's intelligence? Do people actually think that someone would continue to hunt such a crappy unit or area? Do posters think that somehow their "credibility" is heightened because they still hunt it so they are the authority on how terrible it is?

Am I the only one who giggles at these responses?

"Not looking for your honey hole, I definitely want to get it figured out myself. Yep, I'm not afraid of burning some boot leather, I just need a starting off point, like which ridge to try.

I put in for the tag not expecting to draw, but I did. Never set foot in the unit. It's an hour and a half away and due to obligations at work, home, volunteering, golfing, etc unfortunately I'm not left with much time to scout in the next five months."