Favorite Powder/Pellets?

I love BH209. I have a CVA Optima and it's sub-MOA with 100 grains BH209 (by volume, planning to eventually use a scale and convert to weight), Win209 Primer and 300gr SST.
Shot 777 pellets before and it was 3-6" groups depending on 2 or 3 pellets. BH209 is much easier to clean as well...

peterk123

WKR
BH209 all day long for me as well with win 209 primer. I shoot a Hornady 250gr .452 long colt hollowpoint with a black ribbed sabot.

I would suggest you shoot a make sure it will work. I switched last year before a Nebraska hunt in December. Thought everything was good until we actually hunted in the field. My 10 yr old had all kinds of trouble. Hang fires and loads they would not go off. I am sure we didn’t have the right breach plug. Ended up killing two deer but with another gun. Poor kid shot and missed like 5 due to hang fires and never got shots at some other ones.

Jmort1754

WKR
What gun and bullets

My vortex striker fire hates easy fitting bullets.

Drilled my breeches plug out, tight fitting sabot moa all day.

Do you guys use anything to swab between shots and what do you lubricate the barrel with when you're done cleaning?

I only recently started using BH 209 having recently bought two CVA Acura V2s, one a .50 cal MR and the other a .45 LR. Took the LR to the range last week and over two days shot 24 shots. Didn’t swab or clean and the 24 th shot loaded as easy as the 2nd shot. So I don’t have a lot of experience but am VERY impressed with it. Very very impressed even.
Started ML hunting with a Hawkins percussion .50 and Goes BP and I found cleaning it quite the chore IMO.
Weighed my charges and pretty quickly found a very accurate load. The gun with BH 309 shoots better than my old eyes can I’ll tell you that. My .45 is intruded and ceracoated stainless steel so not sure if I need to lube the inside of the barrel. Maybe I will for long term storage.