Favorite Reticle

That’s it, what’s your favorite reticle and why? No particular specific usage just what do you like?

I don’t know what I like because I just haven’t shot a lot of them. I’ve been using a BDC style in a Nikon scope. It’s perfectly fine up to 500y which is, honestly perfectly fine. But you know, we can’t leave well enough alone. I love moa markings of some sort but I don’t have enough experience to make a good decision.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
What a timely thread so thanks and watching.

I'm thinking (which usually doesn't get me too far) about a scope for my .338 WM. I'm a simple guy so some of these scopes and reticles (with all these dials and adjustments, etc.) just seem unnecessary if I'm only going to shoot out to 600 yds.

Eddie

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
Currently running the Nightforce MOAR on hunting rifles and the Nighforce Mil- C First focal on my competition rigs. I like them both for their intended purpose, but if I had to pick one I would lean towards the Mil - C for myself.

Last edited:
OP
A
Currently running the Nightforce MOAR on hunting rifles and the Nighforce Mil- C on my competition rigs. I like them both for their intended purpose, but if I had to pick one I would lean towards the Mil - C for myself.
Interesting. I like to dial in elevation and hold for wind. So the MOAR seems nice. But I don’t compete, just hunt snd try to shoot long distances at the range.

OP
A
After mucking around with all of it for a while a SFP duplex with turrets is it for me.
I'm kinda there too. A thin duplex SFP with a couple of hashes for windage would be ideal. A 3-18x with that type of reticle 1moa hashes at 18, 2 moa at 9 that would be perfect for me.

Right now, my favorites are SKMR3 & MPCT2. I also like the EBR-7B/C & G3. The PR1-MOA is good, and I’d expect the PR1-MIL to be good as well.

These are both very useable on low power for me. Easy to bracket. Intuitive holds. I prefer a floating dot, but would like a little larger on these. I like these for paper, steel, and hunting.
View attachment 286086

View attachment 286087
Two of my personal favorites. With the new Leupold reticle out, on the short list to try. So far I’ve heard good things. Just got a M5 with a CCH reticle in. Very nice as well!

SKMR 3/4 are my favorites but i've done very little hunting with them so cant say for sure if there would be any issues. GAP G2H is a solid FFP reticle for hunting but I do long for a thinner reticle at the range. G3 is pretty solid but it's nice to have 0.2 mil wind holds.

Another vote for Nightforce MOAR here. It's just a perfect combination of useful but not cluttered.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Some of the BDCs i dont find too busy, such as the one in a DiamondBack HP but i hated the ones Nikon had. The HP's BDC was more or less a duplex with just a few lines added. I think Vortex offers the same one in a few of the Viper line up also like the Viper HS series. The pics of it look worse than it actually is when you look through it.

Typically i always look for a plain duplex but the HSR-4 looks good in person. Not too cluttered but could be a little better for my use.