Favorite Reticle

The Leupold LR Duplex and Burris Ballistic Plex are my favorite. Zero at 200, use dots at 300 and 400. Far enough for me!

TheGDog

WKR
Kinda like the simple lines on the FullField E1 with the "Long Range MOA" reticle that came as the 2nd scope in the combo deal with my Burris Veracity 3-15 I bought. And virtually all modern ballistics programs give you the opportunity to express bullet-drop in terms of MOA units as well. When you run a field chart.
LongRangeMOAReticle.jpg

JakeSCH

WKR
For hunting, I really like having MOA marks to hold for wind...assuming the scope has adjustable turret for elevation. Having some elevation MOA marks is fine as long as it is not to cluttered...

Some of my favorites that fit under this are:
Vortex HSR-5i MOA
Zeiss ZMOA
Swaro BT-4W
Leupold PR-1MOA or windplex

Zappaman

WKR
Accurate ;)

But VERY thin hairs in the middle in ANY case. Hate fat hairs! Like to shoot the eye 🎯

But for hunting in low light I realize thick hairs are easier to see, so fav would be a duplex thicker on the edges but still... SUPER thin at the "cross".

Got some "dialers" with fancy reticles that are fun in a blind at 600 yards with my Strelok charts and long guns. And I'm good at math... but still would rather hold over out to 300 or so knowing my drop and wind-- while shooting through THIN reticles at that (or any) range!

PS. no mil-dot... but standard MOA.

Last edited: