Favorite round to shoot

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyone's favorite round to shoot? Mine is my 22 mag because its cheap and just plain fun to plink around with.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
9mm or .223. I usually start out shooting .22s because it is hard to go back to it after shooting 9mm or .223 in the same platform of firearm.

loner

FNG
I think for me it has more to do with the gun.
I really like to shoot them all.

But if could only pick one it would be the 260 remington.

Mine is a .22 long rifle. We shoot it off of the deck behind the house. At 3 cents a shot, you can't beat it.

One thing cool is I bought the exact same XS Ghost Ring sights for my .22 that I use on my muzzleloader. This lets me get thousands of rounds of practice with the same sight picture that my muzzleloader has.

Mckinnon

WKR
Mine is a .22 long rifle. We shoot it off of the deck behind the house. At 3 cents a shot, you can't beat it.

One thing cool is I bought the exact same XS Ghost Ring sights for my .22 that I use on my muzzleloader. This lets me get thousands of rounds of practice with the same sight picture that my muzzleloader has.

Agreed! I did the same thing with a 22 as practice for my 7mm, the result was a nice buck!

IZZY

FNG
toss up between .308 and 5.56...i like the multi purpose of the 308 though and because of that the 308 has a slight edge over the 5.56

TwoTikkas

WKR
If I had to pick just one I'd have to give the nod to the 22/250. That being said,I love to shoot. Big or small. Never met a cartridge I didn't like.