Favorite Rubs

gunsmith89

Lil-Rokslider
I am wondering what everyones favorite will game rubs are?

We have some of our own recipes but use the heck out of this rub from old southern smokehouse brisket rub on venison, elk steaks, and briskets. The store closed in hayward WI and the price went up.

fatlander

WKR
For commercially available, the traeger rubs are very good.

I usually just come up with my own rub based off what I’m grilling or smoking. If you’re grilling red meat, it’s hard to beat salt pepper and a little bit of coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zdub02

WKR
Second the above. Salt, pepper, garlic is a go to. The traeger prime rib rub is hard to beat. The wife absolutely loves that one. I enjoy some of the webber seasoning options as well.

xcutter

WKR
McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning - use this for steak and burgers

Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper - use this for steak and burgers

Weber Dry Smoking Rub - great on wild turkey or chicken

Longhorn Steakhouse Steak Rub - Good on poultry or Deer/Beef

Clarktar

WKR
I like many of the Oak Ridge offerings.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Meat church Holy voodoo is one I just started using. It’s a great rub for wild game or any poultry/fish also.
Salt/pepper/garlic/touch of cayenne is usually my go to though.

Whisky

WKR
My #1 red meat seasoning is Q Salt, from Naturrific. Followed closely by SPOGOS from Oakridge.
Also from Oakridge their Santa Maria and Black Ops briskets rubs are great on red meat. Carne Crosta is another "red meat" rub from Oakrdige that people rave about. That one has coffee in it, so you either love it, or think it's meh. I'm in the meh category.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
John Henry's Pecan
Plowboys Yardbird
Trader Joe's Coffee Garlic

Rob5589

WKR
Kinders make some nice blends. (they are local to Nor Calif, not sure how far their brand reaches)

Anyone try the Spiceology brand rubs? They look awesome, a bit spendy though.

Traeger coffee rub.
Any venison or pronghorn, dice into small cubes, add olive oil and the rub to your liking.
Scramble some eggs.
Once the eggs are done I top with the meat and the all drippings.
One of my favorite meals!!

92xj

WKR
for brisket and anything pork, Texasbbqrub.com

Wild game is only salt/pepper/garlic/onion powder

Firehawk

WKR
This rub has been a favorite of ours for a few years now. So good.

LEM Backwoods High Country Hickory Garlic Rub​

Enjoy. Don't forget to use a little olive oil or butter.

I have also had terrific results using a Kosher Salt Dry Brine for a few hours, then wipe off and season with a favorite (low salt) type of seasoning and drizzle a little olive oil over it. Smoke at 220-250* until internal temperature is 120-125*. Then pull and loosely tent in foil for 10-20 minutes. Get a cast iron pan with some olive oil smoking hot and then sear the meat (steaks, chops, tri tip, backstrap and tenderloin) for about 60-90 seconds each side to create a crust.

Pull meat and rest for about 10 minutes. Slice across the grain and enjoy some amazing goodness.