Favorite sheep hunting books

Donjuan

WKR
I will never afford a Bighorn hunt so the next best option is to read about it. What are your favorite books (any species) on sheep hunting?

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
O'Connor's book is a good read for North American sheep. My favorite is "Memories of A Sheep Hunter" by Rashid Jamsheed.

kaboku68

WKR
Rampages by Lew Bradley1-111. They run 400.00 but they are worth it.
Duncan Gilchrist - Trophy Rams of the Brooks Range.
Alaska Yukon Trophies Won and Lost by G.O. Young
Alaska Hunter by Raymond Chandler
Big Game Hunting by Elmer Keith
Snyder's Guide to Big Game Hunting by Harry Snyder
Big Game Trails in the Far North by Phil Neuweiler
Wilderness of Denali by Charles Sheldon
Alaska Skytrekking by Chuck Wirscheim

Rampages by Lew Bradley. Period.

I've read most of the books mentioned above. Rampages is THE Holy Bible of sheep hunting. I heard about this book, and then called Lew and went over to visit him last summer before my first sheep hunt. His wife made some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and Lew regaled me for hours with stories about sheep hunting. The man has over 40 sheep mounted in his house. His books took over a decade to complete and are over 1,000 pages of information, stories, statistics, etc. No apologies to the previous authors, but Lew's sheep anthology is beyond a PhD in sheep hunting and biology. Very simply, the man is a living legend in the sheep hunting world. If you want to know about sheep hunting, buy his books.

PVS

FNG
The books by Charles Sheldon, vintage books by an early Sheep hunter/naturalist and adventurer -
Wilderness of the Denali
Wilderness of the Upper Yukon
Wilderness of the Desert Sheep and Seri Indians
Wilderness of the N. Pacific Coast Islands (not Sheep hunting)

Exploring for Wild Sheep in British Columbia in 1931 and 1932 - William G. Sheldon

LeoX

FNG
Check out Great Rams and Great Ram Hunters by Robert M Anderson. Great stories and photos from some of the greatest sheep hunters and hunts from the past

BCP

FNG
So many good ones...many of them mentioned here. There are some great mountain hunting collections by Rikhoff, Batten...CJ McElroy's book on hunting in Asia is good...many good ones from Safari Press written by Weatherby award winners like Song of the Summits by Jesus Yuren...Anderson's books like Wind, Dust and Snow (1 and 2). I need to get a copy of Bill Pastorek's book and also from Lew Bradley.

fatbacks

WKR
I am about 75% though Alaska Yukon Trophies Won and Lost by G.O. Young and there is a ton of sheep hunting in there. Hunting areas that are now national parks.... very cool read.

As mentioned above, Sheldon's Wilderness of the Upper Yukon is next on my list. Heard it is fantastic.