Favorite Site/App for Desktop Online Scouting?

BCD

WKR
Please comment on your favorite site/app for online scouting and why you like it the best.

Thank You!!

I've tried many of the available apps including OnX, Huntstand, Basemap, etc. In all honesty, they are all fairly comparable in terms of capabilities. I had an OnX subscription that I won as part of a raffle, and I really liked it. Specifically, I liked the web interface and the ability to import/export GPS locations, shapefiles, and so on. However, OnX is on the higher end of the price range, and those functionalities weren't enough to warrant the price when it came time for renewal. I made the switch to the paid version of Huntstand, and I've been very pleased. I'm surprised that none have fully integrated trail cam photo management with their map features like DeerLab's photo management software, and I would love to see one of these platforms integrate that functionality into their products. But, until then, the apps are all quite similar...they mostly just vary in price. I know that this isn't very helpful information. But, the bottom line is that it will mostly come down to your preferences for the app interface.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
both onX and Basemap are sponsors so keep that in mind. I've used both a bunch and tend to lean towards onX. But Basemap is a great value and what I recommend is money's an issue.

My state - TN - has an online property viewer that I find helpful. Names and addresses of owners are a good thing.