Favorite Top Layers: Baselayer / Fleece / Puffy / Rain Shell

I need to be able to dump heat, a nice cool breeze on my chest hair feels great
I'll buy that. Makes me think I need to look at the 1/4 zip for my next base layer purchases. Any issues with the zippers irritating the skin or pinching? Main reason I stayed away from it.

Lowg08

WKR
The Seak jacket is great. I returned the Seak pants. Just fit to tight for me, I like room under them for layers. I have Kuiu rain pants. Chugach, Kutana, and Yukon I’ll use depending on the hunt.
Thank you. Is it quiet enough for late season bow hunting?

mcseal2

WKR
I don’t bow hunt. It has got quieter with age, I got mine for a 2018 moose hunt and have used it quite a bit since. If its raining hard enough to need it and there is a little wind I’d say its quiet enough.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
Smart Wool 150 base
Patagonia R1 mid
Mountain Hardware Stretch Down puffy, little heavier but more durable on the outside
OR Helium shell

j33

WKR
I'll buy that. Makes me think I need to look at the 1/4 zip for my next base layer purchases. Any issues with the zippers irritating the skin or pinching? Main reason I stayed away from it.

No issues with my Sitka Lightweight Hoody, the zippers are tiny

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Base: FL Wick LS Crew
I always have this base layer on regardless of temp.

Mid: Kryptek Cronos Hoodie or FL Klamath Hoody
Lately I find myself grabbing the Cronos hoodie most of the time. I also have the Sitka Heavyweight Hoodie but don't wear it much as I like the other two better. I think the Klamath is warmest.

Puffy: Kifaru LPP
A bit bulky but I love this puffy. A few of my buddies have the Skre Ptarmigan down puffy. It packs down super small and they really like it.

Rain: Sitka Flash Pullover or Cloudburst
Majority of the time I have the Flash Pullover in my pack because it's lightweight. Usually just get afternoon storms or I'll use it to cut the wind. I'll switch to the Cloudburst if weather is more severe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

First lite aerowool top and bottom
Kuiu peloton 240 and attack panrs
Arcteryx Atom AR and rei fleece ski pants
First Lite SEAK set or HH set

this fall in Alaska will be my first trip with the Seak set, so the HH guide jacket and bibs will still be in camp