Favorite tripod

Brooks051

Lil-Rokslider
What’s your favorite tripod for a spotting scope? Preferably lightweight and doesn’t break the bank. Thanks.

Kronos

FNG
I purchased a peak design carbon fiber. Haven’t tried it with a scope yet, but I’m pretty sure It’ll be ok. Light and compact.

For seated viewing I have liked my Promaster XC525C or my similar sized Sirui.

Carbon fiber is nice in the cold but I haven’t noticed a ton of difference in stability. Call Cameralandny and see what specials they’re running. It’s worth the call.

Q child

WKR
The Outdoorsmans for me and my spotting scopes. I use the medium-sized one with the pan head for my 55mm spotter. And the large-sized one with the fluid head for my 85mm spotter. Scope with head is $1,000 - $1,200. You can decide if that breaks the bank.

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Outdoormans and have had several others. Watch for them used on this forum or eBay. They are truly my favorite and so durable and light. Got the medium for my binos or spotter if backpacking and I have the larger one for truck glassing where I just put Spotter on it with a Jim White pan head and use the medium for binos with their pan head. I also put their rail on the Spotter to balance it and makes it solid to lock in place.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
RRS but that is pricey. I have a Feisol 3342 and it has been great. Very light and holds up to 55lbs. I use mine to shoot from as well as glass. For a spotting scope only, some of their smaller tripods would be great IMO.