Favorite Upland Hunting Clothing/Gear

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I put the money out on a new Final Rise strap vest this year, can't wait to use it in the field, so far just loading it up and wearing it around the local 10 acres, it's been pretty awesome. Built to haul your layers, water, and birds very well.
I've also been through a lot of brush pants, A LOT, and lately I either wear the Sitka Timberlines when it's cooler, they seem to shed burs really easy, or the First Lite Sawbuck brush pants, bought them for this last fall and they've been money so far, super comfortable and good mobility in them.

HoneyDew

WKR
My Filson double tin chaps.
You beat me to it. Bought my pair of Filson Single Tin chaps in 2011 for $65. They’ve seen 100s of field days and 1000s of birds. One rip at the low shin level but that was because I was blind brush busting and it caught a down tree branch and tore my jeans too. So I don’t blame the chaps for that. I will say because they’re waxed and basically waterproof they can get hot if you’re going hard in higher temps 50*s+. Also they’re waxed so it can leave a slight coloration on the pants beneath especially in warmer weather when the wax is more pliable. Still best upland gear I own.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
More gear than clothing but Garmin Alpha TT15 setup... Game changer, love that thing.

Clothing, dunno got a pretty slick flannel a few years back, nice colors. Think it’s an Eddie Bauer maybe.

twall13

WKR
Probably my Wingworks vest. So much more comfortable with weight than the standard upland vest and more durable as well. I have some LL Bean upland briar pants with built in stretch that are nice as well but I've blown the crotch out of two pairs at this point (covered under warranty) and the shell loops in the pockets are a useless debris magnet. Otherwise I quite like them but will likely replace them with First Lite Sawbuck pants when they wear out.

I'm still in search of a favorite upland shirt...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
More gear than clothing but Garmin Alpha TT15 setup... Game changer, love that thing.

Clothing, dunno got a pretty slick flannel a few years back, nice colors. Think it’s an Eddie Bauer maybe.

I could not agree more. The best money I've spend on an upload hunting gear product.

twall13

WKR
I like to wear a wind-breaking layer with an LL Bean Fleece Lined Flannel. Toasty!
With you living in ND that makes sense. I don't typically deal with weather that cold here in Utah but do have a good Orvis softshell windbreaker jacket I use when the conditions call for it. I'm looking hard at the First Lite Ranger Snap shirt as a general all around upland shirt but haven't picked one up yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ejs21

FNG
I put the money out on a new Final Rise strap vest this year, can't wait to use it in the field, so far just loading it up and wearing it around the local 10 acres, it's been pretty awesome. Built to haul your layers, water, and birds very well.
I've also been through a lot of brush pants, A LOT, and lately I either wear the Sitka Timberlines when it's cooler, they seem to shed burs really easy, or the First Lite Sawbuck brush pants, bought them for this last fall and they've been money so far, super comfortable and good mobility in them.

I am considering this vest or the Orvis pro vest. They look similar in design and features. Was there any specific reason you went with the Final Rise?

Wheels

WKR
I second the Dans chaps, I have a pair when they were called Wicks, 20+years old and still going strong. Got the bibs too.

Thanks for posting the Final Rise vest. Appears to be everything I always wanted! FR vest guy did a super job with communicating the whole proposition on his website - everything well done! (y)

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I am considering this vest or the Orvis pro vest. They look similar in design and features. Was there any specific reason you went with the Final Rise?

I followed along during his R&D process, he took a ton of input to go along with his own ideas and came up with a well thought out product. Look him up there's tons of info on his website and he's a solid guy to support

WCB

WKR
Dickies or Carhart canvas pants...inexpensive and tough...Filson double tin chaps and Filson Tin Vest for Upland specific gear. I am more of a minimalist so any of the new fancy vests just confuse me with all the pockets and I end up carrying more crap than I need.

Other than than the chaps and vest nothing is really upland specific as I hunt everything from Antelope to Waterfowl so most my gear/clothing doubles.

NY16ga

FNG
I love these banged-up old deerskin gloves for hunting grouse and woodcock in the nasty multiflora rose and raspberries here in NY. I think the brand is Heritage and I have absolutely trashed them for years. Still comfortable and tough as hell. I even wear them when I'm out west on the prairie, just doesn't feel like I'm bird hunting without them. I really like my Arborwear pants too, they're my favorite brush pants for the thick stuff we encounter here in the east, plum thickets in Kansas, etc.

IMG_1914.JPG