Favorite Upland Hunting Clothing/Gear

twall13

WKR
Question for you guys that use the vest. Do the birds fall out of the game bag when you bend over to tie a boot or pick something up. The bag looks pretty shallow and that would irritate me.
I've never had a problem with anything falling out of my Wingworks vest. Of course I'm not so flexible I get the game bag upside down when I bend over but it's never even come close to being a problem for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR

krohboy

WKR
Question for you guys that use the vest. Do the birds fall out of the game bag when you bend over to tie a boot or pick something up. The bag looks pretty shallow and that would irritate me.

Never had an issue dropping birds out like that even with 3 pheasants back there. This is with a wingworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightweight nylon windbreakers and chaps

Rain or shine, am wearing Nite Lite nylon chaps and a hooded windbreaker.

Some reasons:
>cost less than $30 and outlast everything
>waterproof vs dew on heavy field grass or wet wooded understory
>weightless
>windproof
>slither through any thicket or cover
>packable and ultralight for spring and summer dog training

Nite Lite slip over chaps: https://www.huntsmart.com/products/1150

Wind hoody: See Amazon Global Bank

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 11.38.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 11.34.28 AM.png

Michael54

WKR
@Hill Difficulty what strap vest is that in the picture? Im looking for one currently and they all seem to be too much or not enough size and space wise. I dont need a pack but want something that can hold a few things as well...

@Hill Difficulty what strap vest is that in the picture? Im looking for one currently and they all seem to be too much or not enough size and space wise. I dont need a pack but want something that can hold a few things as well...
The vest in the pic is an LL Bean of sorts. It doesn't offer much storage and I can't say I'm crazy about it. It's tough and it works fine enough.

Can pay $80 to $150 for a strap vest with a game bag and two front pockets...But seems you gotta spend $150 to $200 for bonus features. Pella had a great design with storage but no longer made.

Then you can get it all over with and settle for best at $250 to $300 for a WingWorks or Final Rise.

Michael54

WKR
The vest in the pic is an LL Bean of sorts. It doesn't offer much storage and I can't say I'm crazy about it. It's tough and it works fine enough.

Can pay $80 to $150 for a strap vest with a game bag and two front pockets...But seems you gotta spend $150 to $200 for bonus features. Pella had a great design with storage but no longer made.

Then you can get it all over with and settle for best at $250 to $300 for a WingWorks or Final Rise.
Yea i just want something that can hold a few shells, water bottle, an easy access game bag, and store a jacket. A little pocket for my phone/wallett/keys would be nice too. Most of my hunting is within an hour of my house and within a 30 min walk to my truck. So i keep most of the stuff i may need sometimes but not all the time in a medium sized tote in my truck.

Oregon

WKR
My upland hunting doesn’t require busting through pheasant brush. I am hunting Sage brush and Rimrock.
Black Ovis pants.
I now understand why chicks love polyester and spandex. Most comfortable stuff on the planet!

I bought a Boyt strap vest. I absolutely love the strap vest over a traditional vest. It allows me to regulate my temperature much better. I can layer clothes in the dead of winter, and early season it is much cooler than my old vest. That said, I am VERY unhappy with the quality of Boyt. The stitching on the pockets ripped on both sides and the vest is only on year 2. I hunt 1-2 times a week during season. I have an email in to Boyt to see if they will make it right.

Attachments

• Boyt Vest 2.jpg
    Boyt Vest 2.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Boyt Vest.jpg
    Boyt Vest.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 7

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
I always make sure I have my Outdoor Research gators when chasing birds.

Tex68w

WKR
I've been using mine every season since 2014 and I have never experienced this. IMHO it's the best upland vest on the market and the most customizable to your build.

Buzby

WKR
A Drahthaar!

after that, either a Garmin alpha, Q5 rimfire vest, or Orvis soft shell jacket